B2B - Yokohama Port Transfer Between Two Different Ships

scottam

Hello,

We are considering back to back cruises that end and begin in Tokyo Yokohama port on the same day (Oct 11, 2020), but on two different ships - the first is a Transpacific from Vancouver to Tokyo on Celebrity Eclipse, followed by the Best of Japan cruise on Celebrity Millennium. The TP arrives a day before disembarkation day and overnights, so there is a 1-day pad in the event of late arrival.

With that, my question is for anyone who has done this ... can you offer a suggestion/info/etc for transferring to the second ship on disembarkation/embarkation day?

I’m thinking two possibilities... we disembark Eclipse as late as possible, catch a taxi to the Millennium and wait patiently for boarding time. Or, we hire a tour company to take us and our luggage somewhere sightseeing for a 1/2 or full day tour, beginning at one ship and ending at the other. 

Thanks for any and all insights and info on this. I know it’s unlikely, but I’m a little nervous about the possibility of a late arrival into Tokyo causing us to miss our second ship.

Tammy

Edited by scottam

Do you know the piers of the two ships? Are they on the same pier? Yokohama is known to use three different piers, but maybe you are lucky and are at the Osanbashi Terminal which has shops, food, tourist information, shuttle busses and taxis. However, I didn't see any luggage lockers. 

Yes there are luggage lockers at Osanbashi.  You might be lucky using the same pier as they are both celebrity ships.

It is possible that you might be able to disembark the first ship and then drop the luggage for the 2nd ship.

We did a B2B and spent our day doing the hop on hop off by another name bus.  It was only about 500 yen and was a great day.  One of the stops was Sankein gardens which were lovely, particularly as we had a couple of older folk with us who aren't great walkers.   They managed to get around the gardens just fine.   The bus stopped right outside the main doors of Osanbashi pier.

Edited by Tara Jane

Thanks for the replies! We’ve made the booking and will hope, for the sake of simplicity, that both ships are on the same pier. Someone on our roll call said that this is the case. And an early bag drop on cruise 2 would be great to free us to go off and explore. Good to know about the HOHO bus stopping right at the pier!

Thanks again!

Tammy