Calling all jazz cruisers

wwcruisers

On 4/3/2024 at 5:03 PM, NinS said:

I'm likewise going to call tomorrow and get my presale cabin, @wwcruisers. As for the Ron Carter question, I emailed and got a prompt reply confirming that Ron won't be sailing and that his excursion show will indeed be subject to an additional (unspecified) cost. I don't think it's great advertising, but regardless it's a terrific lineup and I'm excited for my first non-Caribbean cruise.

If you have never done a Pacific Coastal cruise, you are indeed in for a treat!😎 IMHO, this particular fall itinerary is the best! If you like wine, there are nice vineyards in the Cowichan Valley (just outside of Victoria, on Vancouver Island). Being so far north, mid-September is harvest season for these small wineries. And, of course, anytime is a good time to visit Napa/Sonoma! 🍇🍷

• Like 1

I just got off the McDonald LaBelle Cruise a few hours ago. I had a most excellent time watching and hanging around with Michael, Patti, comedians Alonzo and George, and even fearless leader Michael Lazaroff. 

20240412_175629.thumb.jpg.33d178fc82f61f27ea25e0f7b58f97a7.jpg

20240411_183420.thumb.jpg.846c8eec6bbb7cae96857aa4ece00ddb.jpg

20240411_163451.thumb.jpg.cc5f3eb190ad677d744ffc287a7e05e6.jpg

20240411_0923222.thumb.jpg.b29779fef5cdd7fdbdb62c7237d516e5.jpg

I did a more complete trip report in my personal thread. I'll link it once I get back to my computer. I'm still on the road. Thanks for your patience. 

As for a TL, DR - Patti was good, Michael was very good, Alonzo and George were fun and funny at their Q and A session, and the other Michael had some interesting stories to share.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Mr. Lazaroff sent out a copy of the Weekender an hour ago and I had a chance to read it. Here's what I took from it:

* He discussed briefly at his Q and A what today's newsletter was going to be about, basically saying that this cruise was great. And so he did, in some detail. 

* In his Q and A session, Michael L. discussed the nuts and bolts of how this cruise got booked. The newsletter tells the sane story, with some additional details. 

* No real clues in the newsletter as to whether this particular cruise or another one time short sailing will happen again 

* TJC is over 82% reserved

* Botti at Sea is over 50% reserved

Edited by Honolulu Blue

36 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Thanks for the report, HB -- so glad to hear that you had a great time! 😎

Thank you!  I indeed had a great time on the McDonald LaBelle Cruise.

And I apologize - I said I'd link my posts in the other thread.  I should do that now.  My report is in the linked post and the one after it:

• Like 1