Guarantee Balcony?

tee3240

13 minutes ago, Burry said:

I am glad to know SailAway and Guarantee are not the same. How do you book a Guarantee?

Good question as all I have ever seen are the SailAway or pick your room options.  I still think that some of the "free" perks get built into the pricing.  This will be our third time on our third different cruise line rolling the dice on cabins!  First one was RCL and got a balcony guarantee room that was in a great location, second time was Celebrity in an Aqua class room and ended up in an awesome room (they allow you to switch rooms) and now on NCL.  I am okay with the cabin location but wished we had rooms above us and not pool deck area.  Best bring along some ear plugs!

snow bunny

On 6/21/2019 at 10:26 AM, Burry said:

I am glad to know SailAway and Guarantee are not the same. How do you book a Guarantee?

Sail Away is listed at bottom of category choices. Balcony would be BX, Mini Suite shows MX. It indicates not eligible for promos.

Guarantee shows up when you select category level, ie: Mid Ship Balcony for fare listed and when you click to select cabin it indicates that it is Guarantee and no cabin choice is currently available. Cabin will be assigned later. Promos are included.

Looking at Bliss/ Balcony comes up as Guarantee and price for 2 is $3,798 for 7 day Alaska.

BX Balcony (Sailaway) is $,2790 for same cruise. (No perks)

Guarantee language indicates that you will received cabin category or higher when assigned.

so, these two terms are not interchangeable.

Edited by phissy

I’ve done this multiple times and we were always happy with our room. We have always ended up midship on a quite floor. 

We actually didnt do this for our upcoming cruise because picking a room turned out to be a better deal with the perks for us.... and I’m actually more nervous this time because we are on a ‘family’ floor, and I’m hoping not to hear kids all day and night....we didn’t totally get to pick since price wise it made sense to get a family balcony... and then we picked among those....

This is the third time we’ve booked GTY and so far they’ve all worked in our favor. We booked a balcony BF on the Escape for 7/7 and were assigned today a BA on deck 15. I would pick a cabin on 9 or 10 usually but for the price difference 15 is fine and will be super convenient for sea days and breakfast.