Dilemma on my future 14 night Amonia cruise

mwhite991

I just got off the phone with MSC. I am doing 14 day cruise in September. They said that they are only giving us 400 for the two weeks not 800. It is because we booked 14 days and not two 7 day cruises.... I tried to upgrade my room and they wont let me upgrade due to the fact they are no longer offering the 14 day cruise, even though there are many rooms available on both weeks. Rebooking will be cheaper. I can cancel and rebook 2 seven day cruises but I do loose the 400 dollars. So Confused

I can't tell if you are past final payment and MSC is still giving you the option of cancelling?.  Yes that is a bad situation, but I can see their point.  One $400 credit per booking.  And if you cancel you would then be intentionally booking other Armonia cruises where Cuba is not offered so wouldn't be eligible for the OBC.  I don't see any good options if you still want to go on that cruise.  Have prices dropped more than the $400 you would be giving up? 

Its about 400 Cheaper. Its the time on the telephone to cancel and rebook. I have 2 cabins. I just wanted to upgrade. They really are a silly company. I was actually willing to pay more lol.

Try calling again and you may get someone who allows you to upgrade, fairly sure a post on one of the Cuba threads where someone on a 14 nighter posted that they are getting the $800, but I might be wrong.

I do know emailing does not work, even though there appears to be that option, I have tried that and have never received a response.

But when talking to an agent, if canceling and rebooking saves you $ sounds like the way to go.