Cruise Critic Community
A_Lou_4140

Booked Restricted Fare and price drop on 3rd & 4th

We have a deposit down for Apr 2020  and I noticed a price drop for the 3rd & 4th passengers.   Since my tweens will be complaining about “the old people cruise” I wouldn’t mind paying $200 less for them. 🙂.  However I went with the restricted fare.   Is that even worth pursuing? 

If the same fare code is still being offered and the price for that fare code drops outside of final payment they will honor the lower price. If the fare code is no longer being offered or the lower fare is in a different fare code then no they will not honor it. 

We are traveling with 4 passengers and I was surprised at how little difference it was to book 2 rooms for the 4 of us instead of 1 .  It was only $200 extra  total for the whole week.   

i will look into that next time!! These two are young enough that they’ll still fight over the pullman bed.

Restricted fare?  If it means  no refund and after final payment   my experience is NO... they wont  you have to cancel and pay a penalty and re book

Looks like TA got drink cards and dinner packages instead.  I’ll tske it.   It may be arbitrary per the CS agent you get...I 🤷‍♀️ 

If it's booked directly through the HAL TA booking portal the different options practically smack the TA in their face.  Generally the system selects the best price+options and it's up to the TA to share.  Example of when the TA might override the"best" option is when the X4 package is offered with drinks but at a steep increase over the non promotional fare and for folks who maybe don't drink or don't want it.