Alaska southbound cruise tour airport to hotel transportation

Hello,

We will be taking a cruisetour Southbound in August. I thought that the transfer from the airport to the hotel in Fairbanks is included. How does this work? Do we let Royal Caribbean when we are arriving or does the TA do that?

Thank you for your help!!!

1 hour ago, noppy said:

Hello,

We will be taking a cruisetour Southbound in August. I thought that the transfer from the airport to the hotel in Fairbanks is included. How does this work? Do we let Royal Caribbean when we are arriving or does the TA do that?

Thank you for your help!!!

Transfer from the airport in Fairbanks to the hotel in Fairbanks is included.  When you do your online checkin and print your cruise documents, there is information there and a deadline to inform them of your flights so you will be on the list for the host at the airport.  Once you get off the plane and go down to baggage, there is a host with a sign saying Royal Caribbean.  You check in with them and then they will tell you where to meet the shuttle driver to go to the hotel.

Edit:  Just found my post about this on our rollcall last year.  There was a phone number in the cruise documents that you have to call and give them your flight information.  They then send you an email confirmation that your transfer is confirmed.  You have to call at least 5 days prior to the cruise tour or you forfeit your transfer.  Not sure if the procedure is the same this year but that is what it was for us last year.

Edited by reallyitsmema

We will be arriving in Anchorage 3 days BEFORE the Land Tour starts on July 14th.  I called RCL and asked if I could get a shuttle to the Anchorage Marriott when we get off the plane.  The Anchorage Marriott does not offer an airport shuttle.  Basically, RCL said TOUGH....  The shuttle option is only available if you arrive at the airport the day the Land Tour starts, that is when you check in for the tour at the hotel.  If on arrives any earlier, they have to take a taxi or find another way to the hotel.

19 minutes ago, Cruising-Snowbird said:

We will be arriving in Anchorage 3 days BEFORE the Land Tour starts on July 14th.  I called RCL and asked if I could get a shuttle to the Anchorage Marriott when we get off the plane.  The Anchorage Marriott does not offer an airport shuttle.  Basically, RCL said TOUGH....  The shuttle option is only available if you arrive at the airport the day the Land Tour starts, that is when you check in for the tour at the hotel.  If on arrives any earlier, they have to take a taxi or find another way to the hotel.

When we flew in the shuttle was included but it was the day that tour started, with us staying at the Marriott that night.  We were transferred in a highway coach bus to the hotel.  

In your case, arriving three days prior to the start of your tour, it makes sense that you need to find your own way since the hotel doesn't have a shuttle. On a positive note, it isn't a great distance from the airport to the hotel.  I used Uber in Anchorage and there were many taxis as well.  The Marriott was a great spot to stay and convenient.  

I hope you enjoy Alaska, it is amazing.

This is our second Alaska cruise.  Back in 2015 we took another land tour that started in Fairbanks and worked it's way to the ship in 6 days.  LOVED IT!!!!   I took a lot of photos of the Hubbard glacier back then.  I am curious to see if the glacier has shrunk since then.

This time, we were sold on the cruise by the offering of a Land Tour that included Katmai NP and  the complete 90 mile trip into Denali with a plane ride back to the hotel.  The only drawback is that it is the most  expensive cruise/land tour.....But, one only lives once.....

• Like 1

On 6/25/2019 at 9:07 AM, Cruising-Snowbird said:

I finally got our Guest Ticket Booklet for our Land Tour that starts July 14th.  We are flying into Anchorage on July 11th..  I must have asked the wrong question when I called RCL, because they gave me bad info.

The section of the Guest Ticket Booklet labeled 'Pre-Cruise CruiseTour' has the following info in it concerning Transfer to hotel.

"Transfer Requirements
Air/Sea Guests:If you purchased your airline flights through
us and have not change your day of arrival, your airport
transfer is included with your Cruisetour.
Choice Air Guests: If you have purchased your airline flights
through our Choice Air program and have not changed your
day of arrival, your Cruisetour package transfer is included
if you arrive into the Anchorage International Airport
between 10:00 AM and 11:59 PM."

So I called RCL back and specified that I bought the plane tickets through Air2Sea and briefly reviewed the above quote.  I asked how I would find my RCL shuttle to the Anchorage Marriott.  I was told that they know the time/day we will be arriving at the airport and someone will be waiting for us near the luggage pickup with some kind of a sign identifying them as Royal Caribbean.  So, hopefully they will be there.  If worse comes to worse, there is always a taxi....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cruising-Snowbird said:

I finally got our Guest Ticket Booklet for our Land Tour that starts July 14th.  We are flying into Anchorage on July 11th..  I must have asked the wrong question when I called RCL, because they gave me bad info.

The section of the Guest Ticket Booklet labeled 'Pre-Cruise CruiseTour' has the following info in it concerning Transfer to hotel.

"Transfer Requirements
Air/Sea Guests:If you purchased your airline flights through
us and have not change your day of arrival, your airport
transfer is included with your Cruisetour.
Choice Air Guests: If you have purchased your airline flights
through our Choice Air program and have not changed your
day of arrival, your Cruisetour package transfer is included
if you arrive into the Anchorage International Airport
between 10:00 AM and 11:59 PM."

So I called RCL back and specified that I bought the plane tickets through Air2Sea and briefly reviewed the above quote.  I asked how I would find my RCL shuttle to the Anchorage Marriott.  I was told that they know the time/day we will be arriving at the airport and someone will be waiting for us near the luggage pickup with some kind of a sign identifying them as Royal Caribbean.  So, hopefully they will be there.  If worse comes to worse, there is always a taxi....

There will be someone with a sign in baggage.  If you don't see the Royal Caribbean person, one of the people from another cruise line will direct you.  

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 9:31 AM, Cruising-Snowbird said:

This is our second Alaska cruise.  Back in 2015 we took another land tour that started in Fairbanks and worked it's way to the ship in 6 days.  LOVED IT!!!!   I took a lot of photos of the Hubbard glacier back then.  I am curious to see if the glacier has shrunk since then.

We say a substantial change to Hubbard from 2006 to the summer of 2018.  

Great news regarding the transfer as well.  Hope it works out for you.