Who might be our butler

fastnloose

13 hours ago, berlingo said:

I too use the unpacking and packing service.

Due to ill health I find any physical task exhausting. Asking the butler for assistance means my husband or daughters get a little respite from doing things for me whilst we are on holiday.

To save my blushes I pack using packing cubes for my unmentionable items! These can then just be popped into a drawer as they are.

By the way we were given a tip when we first sailed in suite which was not to admit to being suite newbies when asked by your butler!

Juliax

Thanks xx

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

For goodness sake.........when did you have the sense of humour transplant. 😀

Since when has it been amusing to suggest that somebody would do what you implied? Somebody who is there to help us to enjoy our holiday and in my experience is willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to make sure we do. They deserve more appreciation and no ’bad taste’ jokes that insult the pride they take in the work they do for us. Insulting somebody and then passing it off as a joke when ‘called out’ is never funny.

13 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Since when has it been amusing to suggest that somebody would do what you implied? Somebody who is there to help us to enjoy our holiday and in my experience is willing to ‘go the extra mile’ to make sure we do. They deserve more appreciation and no ’bad taste’ jokes that insult the pride they take in the work they do for us. Insulting somebody and then passing it off as a joke when ‘called out’ is never funny.

Whilst I'm sure no P&O staff would ever behave like that (they're fine people, and very much underpaid for what they do), it does happen, believe me:

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/g19894606/how-restaurant-workers-mess-with-your-food/

And that's just one link - there are many, many more.

Seriously, though, you do need to lighten up.  😉