Carnival Pride cabin # 6234 or 6281 question.

BDL

Has anyone stayed in either of these cabins? According to the diagram it looks like it has a HUGE balcony - does it really? The 6234 is available on a sailing we're thinking of.

Thanks for any info.

Barb

Description of category 9A-

Deluxe Large Balcony Stateroom

Deluxe Large Balcony Staterooms 9A feature floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open to a private balcony, twin beds that convert to a king-sized bed, private bathroom with shower and hairdryer, color TV with first-run movies, wall safe, separate vanity area, sofa and sitting area, and telephone. 230-sq.-ft. stateroom with 85-sq.-ft. balcony.

Check out this website for more information:

http://www.cruisesonly.com/c/deckplan.asp?vessel=398&lineid=1&itineraryid=&startdate=&enddate=&deckcode=EMP

Also, call Carnival and give them the specific cabin number. They will give you detailed information specific to that cabin. We looked at these cabins at one time but opted for an aft cabin with a wrap around balcony.

When are you sailing?

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy- Category 12 suite

Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

Hi BDL

Cabin 6234 ia a Cat 8 cabin and I believe balcony is as big as it looks on the pic. Was also told by my TA that this is a handicap accessable cbin as well. Cabin 6232 has large balcony as well. Tried to book one of these or an aft wrap around on the miracle next Feb. and they are already Gone!

Here is a previous post on this cabin

BobCabin 6232

Elation 04/99

Victory 12/00

Grand 09/01

Pride 12/02

Voyager 02/04

Thanks for the info kajsb and DoB.

kajsb - We don't have a date set - had several we're looking at - there was a date in August and a few in Sept.that had either one or the other of these two cabins availabe. What cabin category did you have that had the wrap-around? Was it noisy in the back?

Currently I have a trip with a couple of girlfriend scheduled for Oct 11 on Sensation out of Tampa. We're doing a cat 12 suite on that one - splitting it evenly 3 ways makes it not bad at all.

Barb

BDL,

I haven't taken the cruise yet with the wrap around balcony. We leave on 05/30. Our cabin # is 4228.

Kathy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

05/30/04 Carnival Pride cruise & the wraparound balcony

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;6;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

06/28/04 Ecstasy- Category 12 suite

Mom's 80th birthday surprise!!

Ecstasy 09/13/02

Ecstasy 05/26/03

We had 6281 on the Spirit (sister ship). The balcony was larger in width than most but was not a wraparound.

This room is a handicapped room but since we booked at the last minute it was available and offered to us. I did let Carnival know we would give it up if necessary.

The room itself was very nice with an oversized shower. It worked out well for us since we both boarded with very bad knee and leg problems. Also, my husband is not a small man and the big shower was a plus.

• 2 months later...

We are holding 6281 (cat 8E) on the Spirit to Hawaii. Since this cabin is positioned vertically rather than horizontally, can anyone tell me if there is a window in addition to the doors leading onto the balcony from the cabin?

If not, I'm wondering if this is a rather dark cabin, given the way it's positioned, and with only one window (that being the door to the balcony).

Thanks!

We had cabins 6228, 6230 and 6232 on the Legend in January and once they opened up the balcony doors - wow - we had a bowling alley for a deck!! 6232 had a couple lounge chairs and regular chairs and tables. It was awesome!!! There was an ice room between 6232 and 6234 (where the cabin stewarts go to get ice - saw the door open once) but never heard any noise from there.

They have the same layout on deck 7 and 8 but cost a little more.

Good luck!

There is no other window in this cabin. The sliding glass door to the balcony was off to the side. It was a great cabin for napping. It also kept the cabin cool without direct sun on the sleeping area.

Beware though..the electronic door is on a delay to make it handicap accessable and it takes about 30 seconds to close. The door is right next to the bed so it can be annoying if someone wants to get out while the other is trying to sleep.

I am booked in 6232 for 9/12 on the Pride. This is an 8e,Not a handicap.It has a sofa and a drop down bed. It is a cabin for 4.I do think that 6234 is a handicap cabin though.Three of us are going . I am told the balcony on both of these cabins are over 100 sq. ft.Someone said 5'x10'..

We are booked in E-6232 as well for the 8/29/04 sailing. I was told by several carnival agents that this room is always highly requested and usually books very very fast. I managed to snag it from a TA group! We are so excited about this large balcony now we can all four be out there together. Our first balcony cabin!

From two floors up there is still a lot of ocean out there to see. I don't think I would mind the lifeboats as long as I am "Cruising"

CRUISNMOM007 you will have to let me know how it was ,you go before me.

:) :) :) :)

Archived