GTY Balcony (BD) on NCL Star - Could It Be Obstructed?

MDTrip

Could this end up being an obstructed view? I booked a GTY Balcony  (BD) on the Norwegian Star out of Venice to the Greek Isles. It came with good perks. I have never done a GTY before. I know you can end up with an even better cabin, but I am wondering if I could end up with an obstructed view.

7 hours ago, MDTrip said:

Could this end up being an obstructed view? I booked a GTY Balcony  (BD) on the Norwegian Star out of Venice to the Greek Isles. It came with good perks. I have never done a GTY before. I know you can end up with an even better cabin, but I am wondering if I could end up with an obstructed view.

You could be assigned to any balcony on the ship, including those with obstructed views, if there are any on the Star.  You have to be prepared for that possibility.  If you are assigned a cabin you don’t like and want to change it, NCL makes you pay the difference between what you paid for the GTY and the current price of the balcony you want.

Here is link to a Youtube video that gives you a good look at balconies on the Star.  No obstructed view balconies 🙂 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtLe2WCb0Os

You may be assigned a priva sea or hull balcony but many do not consider that a problem except on the Epic.  On the Jewel class ships or the Star and Dawn it wouldn't bother me. The lower ledge looks like it would be a great place for drinks since the table is so small. Here is link to an older Youtube video showing one of this type balcony cabin on the Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHjDduDDmq8

Edited by kjquilts