Cabin 673 Viking Sun

Sandytiger

Hi

I have been allocated this cabin 673 for a cruise from Miami to Los Angeles departing December 14th 2020.

I have previously sailed with Viking in a similar PV1 cabin but on Deck 5.

I can see that 673 is under the World Cafe just where the overhanging wings start.

I am concerned about noise coming from the activities above into this cabin. 

Has anyone stayed in this cabin or one in a similar position?

I like the position of the cabin in relation to the lifts and stairs, and also the fact that it has a sliding door. Just worried about noise transfer. 

Thanks for any help

Sandytiger.

1 hour ago, Sandytiger said:

Sorry

Should have written 6073

Sandytiger

Hi Sandy -

When picking our room for our previous cruise - deck 6 - I had wondered about that big overhang from the World Cafe.  So I took a picture on the one cruise and put room numbers on it so for the future I could see them.  Hoping this helps you.  I don't know if you'll get noise or not from above as certainly the World Cafe is above you.    Certainly going back even further (like 6081 and beyond, there is a bit larger overhang.

We were in 6048, right below the Pool Grill area, and we definitely heard the noises of chairs, tables, and lounges being moved about by the crew really early in the morning and setting up late at night.1764058152_WorldCafeOverhangDeck6roomnumbers.thumb.jpg.bb25b793988bc1bd814c52a09e059925.jpg

• Like 1

We did a B2B on the Star last April in cabin 6092. We routinely heard noise around 2-3 AM. It sounded like chairs/tables being moved around. Probably due to cleaning the deck. I should have said something to Guest Services but didn’t think of it since it was our first time on  Viking. This year I made sure to have a cabin on deck 5. 

1 hour ago, VJMAZZ said:

We did a B2B on the Star last April in cabin 6092. We routinely heard noise around 2-3 AM. It sounded like chairs/tables being moved around. Probably due to cleaning the deck. I should have said something to Guest Services but didn’t think of it since it was our first time on  Viking. This year I made sure to have a cabin on deck 5. 

How weird is this! We were upgraded to 6092 for a Scandinavian cruise this past March - which was cancelled after the Norwegian Sea incident a week before we were to embark. So we never stayed there - but given that we are sound sleepers and generally turn in before midnight, we would take an upgrade like this if offered.

Hi 

Thanks for all the responses.  I would personally avoid a cabin at the  rear or  toward the front of deck 6 as they are under pool areas with furniture on hard surfaces.

I thought maybe under a  (carpeted ?) area of the deck would reduce the noise factor.

Does anyone know what is at the end of the walkway around the back of deck 6 i.e. the narrow end of the wing? Is it a doorway? That might also be a potential noise source.

I might try for deck 5 if possible but only if I can get a PV1 room with a sliding door. Otherwise I guess I will have to take a chance with 6073.

Thanks again for all your help

Sandytiger

We were in 6072, same as 6073 but on the port side, for the Miami to LA trip and there were no issues at all. Really convenient to elevators and stairs. The overhang is minimal. It provided shade on hot days.  Another advantage is these two cabins are just aft of a bulkhead, thus providing extra insulation from the adjacent cabin.