Has anyone from NYS signed up for cruise care,..new system?

hcat

We are residents on New York...

Tried to add Celeb Cruise Care to our res via call to Cap Club as we have done many times.

We were told  that because we lived in NY, we could not do it the " old" (easy) way and would have to call an ins co and order on it  line and pay with a Credit Card.

We were given a number to call.. and that person then  gave us a web address.  When we went there we  saw gen  NY info but no way to sign up online and pay with Credit Card.  There was another number to call..we'll try it Monday.

Just curious if anyone who lives in NY has used this process for cruise care purchase.

Did you go to this web site?     'travelcruisecare . com'  Just click the applicable cruise line to get started.  Then enter all the info.  I have not gone this far, but it says you purchase the insurance after it comes back with a quote.  Most of my booked cruises were booked with the insurance before the new 'rules' took effect.  The only one after that date is in 2021....

I have noticed that you need to be close to the 'Final Payment Date' before you can buy the insurance.  I have tried it for cruises a year or more out and it does not work.  As long as you pay for the insurance before 90 days before the cruise, you will be set.  So, wait till 100 to 110 days before the cruise and then go to the web site to purchase the insurance.

Thank you so much..That's the link we needed,

Neither the Celeb Rep or the Ins Rep at the number X gave us, gave us a  proper link to sign up...or op at least one that works.

I have it bookmarked...our final payment is in August so not that far away.

Really appreciate  your help.

I've used it twice bought online with my credit card and it worked fine.  It is the same policy and cost as it would be if you lived in a different state and purchased from Celebrity.  I was told the reason for the change is the NY Insurance Department won't let Celebrity sell the coverage directly to NY residents who have to purchase it through Aon by phone or on the website.  

Thanks again to those who responded.  We will try to book  via the link above later today and will report back if it works out.

Had hoped to add it into our final cruise payment amt (for which we get double BOA cruise points),   but that won't be possible anymore.  If we use our BOA card for the ins,  we will get cruise points ( but probably not dbl points since its a 3rd party vendor)

Can't blame X.  Just another joy of living in New York State....overtaxed and over-regulated...

I was advised that this was being eliminated by celebrity for all cruises after Feb 1, 2020.  You can buy travel insurance from some insurance companies directly.

Is their something wrong with the Ins company?  Has anybody actually filed a claim and got a refund?

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

I was advised that this was being eliminated by celebrity for all cruises after Feb 1, 2020.  You can buy travel insurance from some insurance companies directly.

Is their something wrong with the Ins company?  Has anybody actually filed a claim and got a refund?

I suspect that the RCL corporation does not want to deal with any insurance hassles anymore.....

I have had to cancel 3 cruises over the past several years for medical issues.  All were insured by AON thru Royal Caribbean.  I called AON to register a claim and they e-mailed the forms to me.  After I filled out two pages and the doctor one page, I scanned the forms and e-mailed them back to AON.  Royal Caribbean had credited me for excursions, etc previously when I called to cancel.  I got checks from AON within a week for the balance of everything I spent less the insurance premium.  AON was efficient and prompt.  Excellent service.

1 minute ago, Cruising-Snowbird said:

I suspect that the RCL corporation does not want to deal with any insurance hassles anymore.....

I have had to cancel 3 cruises over the past several years for medical issues.  All were insured by AON thru Royal Caribbean.  I called AON to register a claim and they e-mailed the forms to me.  After I filled out two pages and the doctor one page, I scanned the forms and e-mailed them back to AON.  Royal Caribbean had credited me for excursions, etc previously when I called to cancel.  I got checks from AON within a week for the balance of everything I spent less the insurance premium.  AON was efficient and prompt.  Excellent service.

Great to hear that AON is legit