Vancouver check in 6-30-19 FYI

wyobean

Arrived by taxi about 11:00 am. Taxis were being directed to an underground drop off.  Dropped our luggage right there and headed for check in. Had to take 1 of 2 elevators up to the check in area. When we got off the elevator there was a HUGE line of people waiting to get on them to take their luggage down. We are guessing all the busses and shuttles dropped people off up there then they had to go down, drop off luggage then go back up and check in. Really glad we took a taxi. Again that line went on forever. There were only taxis dropping off at that underground area. Almost passed the wine table without seeing it. We had three 200ml bottles of Icewine. Planned on keeping one in our room and turning in the other 2 to pick up at the end of the cruise. When the guy saw the first bottle he snickered and said just go on....ok, we took them all on. As we were walking away he said just in your room...great start. If you have seen those small Icewine bottles you will get it...lol.  No lines anywhere for us. When we got to customs I asked about Global Entry. She asked if I had my card which I did. Husband did not as he just interviewed 2 weeks ago and hadn't received it yet. She said we had to have it. I said he had his number...we went back and forth a couple times and she said come with me and we will ask an agent. He said....the card is a MUST. Their machine only reads the card. He cannot input the number.  He was very nice and sent us both on our way after explaining that GE is not complete until you validate the card. The agent that interviewed my husband gave him a written card with his number and said he was good to go. So, based on that and some things I have read on here I thought we were good to go....NOT....take your card with you! Going in that line probably saved us 10-15 min. Would have been longer if we had been a little later. When we got to boarding we waited about 10 min.  All told we were on the ship in about 35-40 minutes from drop off. There were 3 ships in port today.