Free at Sea - Specialty Dining Question

Andersoncd

I will be receiving a 4-night specialty dining package as part of the free at sea promotion. Is it possible to upgrade to a 7-night? We are on a 10 night cruise and I really don't want to have to purchase a stand-alone 3-night package to go with the existing 4-night, because the price for just a 3-night package as an add-on is pretty steep. Does anyone know if you can upgrade for more nights at a more modest price?

The general T&Cs for Free At Sea anything over the benefit is at prevailing rates. 

In this case I would say you would have a choice. Buy 3 meal SDP or pay a la carte for those additional meals.. For example if you go to Moderno, pay don't use a credit, pay the fee. We shared at Los Lobos and our bill was less than the cost of a SDP credit.

As Nola says - just work it out - sometimes its cheaper to just pay the a la carte (especially in the fixed price and LA Cucina depending on what your having)

Other than that your best option is to pre buy the package and forget about it- or decide each night on your free nights either to pay on your account or not.

7 hours ago, Andersoncd said:

I will be receiving a 4-night specialty dining package as part of the free at sea promotion. Is it possible to upgrade to a 7-night? We are on a 10 night cruise and I really don't want to have to purchase a stand-alone 3-night package to go with the existing 4-night, because the price for just a 3-night package as an add-on is pretty steep. Does anyone know if you can upgrade for more nights at a more modest price?

No upgrades. Just buy another 3-night, 4-night, 5-night or 6-night package. While the price appears to be "steep", it is a lot cheaper than paying a la carte.