Golden Princess - Power Outlet Design

sandybeaches44

I will be on the Golden this summer, sailing from Anchorage to Vancouver.

Just purchased a dual port USB plug in.  The dimensions are approx 2.4"H x 2.3"D x 1.1"W . 

I am concerned that there will not  be enough clearance between the bottom of the charger and the desk top.

I am welcome to suggestions about what would be best to use to charge, phones, kindles and battery packs.

Thanks a lot.

Sandi

Last I looked that on Amazon (where I got mine) and Google, Monster was not making this model. They were marketing only surge protected splitters! Which of course is a no-no on ships and boats.

This one https://www.amazon.com/NTONPOWER-Outlets-Extension-Nightstand-Conference/dp/B072N854DK/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_23_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=CHVK7P3MY4AWW5ZECB68

claims it protects from over-voltage, but none of the specs on the back of it indicate surge protection (no Joule rating and no statement of VPR)(FCC Section 15 is only that it won't interfere with radio frequencies). 

If you only need USB, a brick with a cord rather than a block, guards against finding the configuration of the outlet not allowing your splitter to be plugged in. Make sure it has the voltage to provide the right amperage for your devices (2.xA for Samsung/Android, 1.x for Apple devices).

I ended up using the outlet hidden behind the TV to charge my camera batteries, since the duo outlet panel available by the desk would not fit both the camera charger and a normal plug going to the phone/iPad charger. The Golden Princess really needs a refurb to get more outlets in the cabin. But it's still a really nice ship to take for Alaska voyages due to its many outside viewing areas available to you.

Edited by vicd1969