Carnival Sunshine: Can you request a specific dining room?

Saboateur

Hey!

I was wondering if there was anyway to request a specific dining room. If it matters, we are in a spa balcony and would prefer to have the forward dining room versus aft. What are my options, if any?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.  My experience on many of the ships of Carnival is that if they have two dining rooms one will be traditional dining, the other AnyTime dining.  If you ask on the board here for Carnival, located on the main boards page under Cruise Lines A-O, I'm sure someone there can tell you about the MDRs on Sunshine.  EM

On 7/3/2019 at 7:21 PM, Saboateur said:

Hey!

I was wondering if there was anyway to request a specific dining room. If it matters, we are in a spa balcony and would prefer to have the forward dining room versus aft. What are my options, if any?

Traditional uses both venues on deck 4. You can go to the dinning room as soon as you board to try to get the one you want. If you have anytime you can only go to deck 3 sunrise.  

When I've had a mid ship or aft balcony on Carnival we've generally been seated in the aft MDR.  We've been assigned the mid ship lower deck MDR when we had a spa balcony on the Horizon.  So we usually get seated to the nearest MDR from our cabin.

If the OP gets assigned the MDR furthest from his cabin, he can always request that the Maitre'D change him to the closer one.