Paradise Beach question

cosmo1027

I have a question about the $10 per person minimum at Paradise Beach.  If you have a group of 5 people, does each person have to spend at least $10, or as long as the total bill is greater than $50, does it matter if not everyone ordered something? 

Thank you for your help!

As a family of 4 we have always spent over $40, but it was on the same check.   I think if you have it all on the same check it shouldn't matter. 

8 hours ago, cosmo1027 said:

I have a question about the $10 per person minimum at Paradise Beach.  If you have a group of 5 people, does each person have to spend at least $10, or as long as the total bill is greater than $50, does it matter if not everyone ordered something? 

Thank you for your help!

You will be fine.

We were there last week with a group of 10, who were split onto 3 separate checks (3, 3, 4).  I don't think they checked to see that each individual was over $10, but each of the 3 checks covered the $10x amount.

One note - order your food before you get too hungry; the main kitchen can get backed up & result in a long wait for food once the place gets crowded.  Since our last time there, they've also added a "taco truck" that was pretty good & served simple "street tacos" fairly quickly (you could order through your waiter & it was included on your tab towards the $10 pp minimum).

52 minutes ago, SeaPA said:

Since our last time there, they've also added a "taco truck" that was pretty good & served simple "street tacos" fairly quickly (you could order through your waiter & it was included on your tab towards the $10 pp minimum).

Sweet!!!!  Is the truck parked outside of the fron entrance or somewhere inside the property?  You didn't by chance get a pic of the taco truck menu did you?  Thanks for the great news!!!

17 hours ago, bankofdad said:

Sweet!!!!  Is the truck parked outside of the fron entrance or somewhere inside the property?  You didn't by chance get a pic of the taco truck menu did you?  Thanks for the great news!!!

As John indicated, the truck is inside - between the pool & the beach.  I did not get a pic of the menu, but will see if my niece may have (she's kinda the family photographer & takes an abundance of photos); if she didn't, I'll check with my boys - they'll probably remember most of what was on the menu.  IIRC, it was fairly simple - soft tacos, maybe burritos; a few types of meat (fish, shrimp, pork, beef), typical street taco toppings - shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, a couple of kinds of sauce. 

I'd eaten a good bit of ceviche already so didn't eat much of the tacos, but what I had was quite good.

18 hours ago, SeaPA said:

We were there last week with a group of 10, who were split onto 3 separate checks (3, 3, 4).  I don't think they checked to see that each individual was over $10, but each of the 3 checks covered the $10x amount.

One note - order your food before you get too hungry; the main kitchen can get backed up & result in a long wait for food once the place gets crowded.  Since our last time there, they've also added a "taco truck" that was pretty good & served simple "street tacos" fairly quickly (you could order through your waiter & it was included on your tab towards the $10 pp minimum).

My kids already love Paradise Beach, when I told my 16 year old that they now have a taco truck, he went crazy!!  Everytime I even suggest that they might want to try another place to go in Cozumel, they say no way!!