Calling All Gamers: Where do you play?

atexsix

Currently I'm playing: 7 Wonders Duels, Valley of the Kings, Star Realms, and One Deck Dungeon....most of these I think are small enough for travel with equally small footprints, but.....the only place in a stateroom large enough is the bed and who wants to be cooped up in there anyway?  

So where do you all play? Now that the library is gone I don't know of any good places where I wouldn't be hogging a whole table.  Or a venue where shaking 20 dice wouldn't disturb somebody's peace/quiet.  Seats are not the problem, because I'm mostly a solo gamer.  Is the Gallery Bar a good spot?  Sad to say that on my last cruise I had only wandered through there one time while taking a short cut, so I remember little about the layout, especially regarding the size of the tables.  And years ago, long before the Lido makeover, I remember people playing games up there because the tables didn't seem to be set all day for dining, the rectangular size made those tables perfect for a lot of games (cards/board). 

I did see a table of Mahjong going in the Half Moon room one night, very late, when it was obviously not in use.  Let's say that was my only option, can I just wander in and set up shop?  Or do I need permission from somebody on the ship?

Thanks! 

On the Nieuw Statendam I played in the Crows Nest in the evenings. There were often people up there till the early hours of the morning doing jigsaws, reading, board games etc so I didn’t feel out of place. One Deck Dungeon is definitely my preferred choice ... 

11 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Check out the Crow's Best as well as the Half Moon room.

Don't use the Lido -- people get upset seeing others taking up tables during meal times.

Thank you KK,  There's nothing more disappointing that to have your tray of food from the Dive-In and a cold drink and you want to find a table at noon, lunch time in the Lido pool area, and you see half the tables totally blocked by a single person reading or sleeping, but all other 3 chairs at that table are blocked by bags, books, and other personal stuff.   There are loads of quiet places to read and sleep on the ship.  The Lido pool area is one of them, but NOT at the busy lunchtime, especially on sea days.

• Like 1

Jumping into the game conversation!  Some of my travel faves are Sushi Go, Dungeon Mayhem, Roll For It, various editions of Fluxx, and I just picked up Time Breakers and Lost Cities Rivals -- All easily portable games that don't take up too much table space.  I think One Deck Dungeon is great, but it's not the rest of my family's cup of tea, so I tend to play the ipad version solo.