World Cruise - Maritime Cruise & Voyages

Harley52

5 hours ago, Harley52 said:

Has anyone travelled with Maritime Cruise & Voyages especially on a world cruise.  Thank you

Did a 2-week Baltic Cruise with them in 2017. Only picked them as it was the only cruise that the dates worked. Didn't expect much, but they still delivered well below our expectations. Classic example of you get what you pay for.

Ship was OK, since they just purchased it a couple of months prior & had only come out of refit. The MDR was very crammed, with waiters unable to reach some places. Every night my plates were delivered by table mates. Some crew conduct was a disgrace.

Couldn't imagine suffering a World Cruise with them, we thought our Princess Cruise was bad, but CMV was even worse.

15 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Did a 2-week Baltic Cruise with them in 2017. Only picked them as it was the only cruise that the dates worked. Didn't expect much, but they still delivered well below our expectations. Classic example of you get what you pay for.

Ship was OK, since they just purchased it a couple of months prior & had only come out of refit. The MDR was very crammed, with waiters unable to reach some places. Every night my plates were delivered by table mates. Some crew conduct was a disgrace.

Couldn't imagine suffering a World Cruise with them, we thought our Princess Cruise was bad, but CMV was even worse.

Thanks Heidi13 for your response and I will stay clear of Maritime Cruise and Voyages.

Wellllll...... I dont know if I'd go so far as THAT.    I have a couple cruises on them.   

IF you understand that this is a "low end" mass market line, using (REALLY) older ships and eastern European crew, and charging rock bottom prices,  you can make a better decision.  But if money is tight, it still is a viable alternative to NOT cruising, and some of their itineraries are very interesting.   (Just dont expect an RCCL or Celebrity experience) 

58 minutes ago, FredT said:

Wellllll...... I dont know if I'd go so far as THAT.    I have a couple cruises on them.   

IF you understand that this is a "low end" mass market line, using (REALLY) older ships and eastern European crew, and charging rock bottom prices,  you can make a better decision.  But if money is tight, it still is a viable alternative to NOT cruising, and some of their itineraries are very interesting.   (Just dont expect an RCCL or Celebrity experience) 

Thanks FredT for your opinion.  Greatly appreciated.