Refrigerated containers on Oosterdam deck 10?

We were on Oosterdam the last week of June and I noticed two full size refrigerated shipping containers lashed down on deck 10 starboard.  I have never seen this before.  We did eat lunch with the Hotel Director but I totally forgot to ask him about this.  Does anyone know what was (is) going on?  Thanks.

We were on the Oosterdam the 23rd - 30th of June and at "Ask the Captain" the containers came up. It was something about freezer issues and those containers were the freezers until the on-board ones could be fixed. At least that's what I remember!

Karen

We were on June 9 -16, and there was a container there. I only noticed one at the time, but I've been known to miss things 🤪. They had a large crane waiting in Victoria and hauled quite a load of produce up.

George

Many years ago we were on the Zuiderdam when one of the refrigerators broke down.  When we got to St Thomas, 2 refrigerator containers were but onto the bow of the ship.  We were told that it would take a while before the main freezer would be fixed.

I imagine this was the situation in your case.

21 hours ago, luvteaching said:

We were on the Oosterdam the 23rd - 30th of June and at "Ask the Captain" the containers came up. It was something about freezer issues and those containers were the freezers until the on-board ones could be fixed. At least that's what I remember!

Karen

Thank you. We were on that cruise also and I was going to ask the Captain but I didn't make it to the event.  Thank you for the answer.