Packing for Panama Canal Cruise

rgmacm

We're cruising Panama Canal after the first of the year but will be doing our clothes shopping at clearance sales in the next few weeks to get summer-wear  🙂 🙂 I would like some suggestions on clothing to take.

I KNOW it will be hot and humid...but beyond that, are there any packing tips that I might not have thought of?  🙂 

We are cruising with Princess so will have the ability to do laundry...

Then...it has always been our philosophy that you never travel (on most vacations) without at least 1 pair of jeans.  I"m kind of thinking that perhaps that 'rule' should go out the window  this time....?

Even wondering about sneakers/tennis shoes...  needed? or a waste of suitcase space? 🙂 

Thanks!

Jeans are a bit too heavy to be wearing on the cruise.  If you are coming from a cooler climate, wear them on the journey to and from the embarkation port.  And the sneakers also.  There might be an activity that requires closed toe shoes.  EM

A couple of pairs of light weight slacks can be nice for keeping off the sun while staying cool. Some days I prefer that to having sunscreen and bug repellent on my legs. And they can be worn in the evening too. 

We went in January and it wasn't remarkably hot and humid. Definitely beach weather, but not miserably hot and humid like Florida (or Tokyo or Wuhan) in the summer. (I'm used to dry hot summers and can be comfortable with that, but hot and humid can make me pretty miserable.)

Jeans can be nice for the days you fly. I didn't take any - one of the pairs of slacks was more versatile.