Cuban Rum

KansasScrapper

I see that you posted this question on all your ports... for sure you won't find it in US, as 411 said. Good luck finding it in other ports. 

Just be aware that Bacardi makes a "Havana Club" rum in Puerto Rico and it is probably available in US and elsewhere.  It is NOT the authentic Cuban Havana Club, which is made in Cuba, with the original recipe, and of course, with Cuban sugar cane.

The story of the Bacardi split off from Cuba to Puerto Rico is an interesting one, and lawsuits are still ongoing.  Google it. 

Additionally, be aware that true Cuban rum will have a green and white authenticity sticker on the bottle that says "Republica de Cuba Garantia".  

Alternately, wait till there is an administration change, and you can go to Cuba and pick up as much as you want. 

• 3 weeks later...

Additionally, be aware that true Cuban rum will have a green and white authenticity sticker on the bottle that says "Republica de Cuba Garantia".  

If you get one that's in a box the label may not be visible .... I checked the bottle I just got in Havana b4 they cut the cruises again.  The label is on bottom front but the bottle comes in a box that covers it.....

IMG_0906[1].JPG

IMG_0907[1].JPG

Edited by Capt_BJ
  • Like 1