No Show Question

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Exact opposite in what way?

What I stated above was reported here by several people for the refundable deposits and I confirmed the non refundable deposits a few months ago with one of the phone reps that travel agents use.  

Call Royal and get the answer from them. 

Exact opposite in which deposit gets the 3rd and 4th person refunded and which doesn't.  Wasn't questioning what you wrote.  Was simply saying how there is very conflicting information online.  If I wanted to talk to Royal, I would.  I thought I would actually get better information from Cruise Critic members.

1 minute ago, MaskedTurtle said:

Exact opposite in which deposit gets the 3rd and 4th person refunded and which doesn't.  Wasn't questioning what you wrote.  Was simply saying how there is very conflicting information online.  If I wanted to talk to Royal, I would.  I thought I would actually get better information from Cruise Critic members.

Were you looking at the article from Dec 2018?  That is referring to book on board deposits 

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Were you looking at the article from Dec 2018?  That is referring to book on board deposits 

No.  There was a blog about the differences between refundable and non-refundable deposits with Royal Caribbean. The blog was made earlier this year with the info I mentioned being posted(as a comment) by an individual who claimed to get it from Royal Caribbean.  

I have kind of a same situation with my mom. She has a cabin booked for our family cruise next Feb, with second passenger as TBA. This because I had read from these forums that adding a possible second passenger later would usually make the fare more expensive. We booked our trips in early 2018, so I though this would be the best way to do that for her, as we had no idea if she would have a man or maybe a friend coming with her. 

We just booked our flights, and she has decided to cruise solo. My only question is about that TBA, do we have to give some name to reservation, or can that stay as it is? We are booked under Nordic rules, so name change would cost us.

Sry for this rude hijack, but figured that this thread could have some expertise in my problem also. 

• Like 1

Cyn874 - Wow... sorry you are in this situation.  I'm sure it happens a lot.   I think you can make a name change if you were able to find someone to go in her place up until a certain point, but glad you are still going.   Enjoy your cruise!!

This happened to us a few years ago... our friend and his wife got into a big fight the night before the cruise and she would not go!   We told them at check-in that she was not able to make it.  They paged her name over and over for hours... even after the ship left!   We even went to the Customer Service Desk when they first started to page her.   It was kinda funny to hear them paging her over and over.  Kinda.  lol