Anyone sailed with Random Wind

TEGL

Last year we did the Soualiga/Capt Bob Tour and LOVED it.  By fast the best excursion we had done so needless to say we were planing on doing this again when we went back to St. Martin in September.  I have been looking around on Trip Advisor and stumbled upon a small-group day sail with Random Wind.  It received 5  starts by all 110 reviewers - I would like to try something different but want to see if anyone has sailed with them before and their thoughts.  
Should I stick with what we know and what we loved = or trying something different with someone that got just as glowing reviews??

I've sailed with them many times, both on the old mono hull boat (pre hurricane) and on the new catamaran. It's my go to day in St. Maarten, and highly recommended. Believe the great TA reviews. 

It's not cruise ship dependent like some other companies.  They welcome everybody, and often have guests that are staying on island. Yes, they limit the number of guests - and take service and guest comfort very seriously.  

They frequently offer 10% off codes on their FB page. Plus, it used to require a $40 round trip taxi to Simpson's Bay to meet them, but now they pick up just a short walk outside the terminal - Bobby's Marina, if you know where that is , on the way to town. 

Go for it. 

We decided on it last night - go figure when I got the email back today they said they don't have enough interest but its still early so she made a note to contact me if they get more people wanting to book.  It looks like an awesome excursion day and I'm so bummed.  Here is to hoping more people go!!  

It will fill up - you can always post on your roll call. 

That's what I did last time, Diane me sent the same email about needing the minimum. 

We filled it up within a few days. That Roll Call group was very demanding and fussy (a bunch that sailed together often), and they were quite pleased with the experience. 

We have booked with Diane on 10/18. So far we are the only two and our roll call has produced no additional interest. I really don’t want to do a shore excursion with the ship - doesn’t matter who we are sailing on so not sure what we are going to do yet but Diane has been fantastic with communications. 

• 3 weeks later...

Beware we booked with Random Wind for a July cruise. They cancelled on us at the last minute because of a few morning rain showers which cleared up by 9-10 in the morning. We ended up on a ship excursion to Simpson Bay Beach where we saw the Random Wind docked in the harbor. My theory is the rain gave them a good excuse to cancel a partially full trip as we were aboard Allure of the Seas and the only ship in port that day.