Need Clarification on Silver Junior Suite Dining

Hello,

We just booked Jan 9, 2020. There isn't a roll call yet.

There is a lot of confusion about the "coastal kitchen". This suite used to allow dining for dinner only. Has someone sailed recently, and can finally clarify this. It says "Suite" guests, but doesn't clarify "Suite"

Thank you,

Farah

• 5 months later...

There is no Coastal Kitchen on this ship.  If you are in a Silver Suite or are a Diamond Plus member, you can have B/L/D in the Silver Dining Room on Deck 14 next to the Solarium which you also have access to.  There is a private elevator from the suites to the Silver Dining Room.

I am Diamond Plus and in a Silver Suite.. talk about redundant benefits..but I booked more than a year in advance so back then, the benefits are not clear yet.

Are Diamond Plus members allowed to access to Gold Dining area and lounge on the top deck? Diamond Plus have access to both Diamond and Concierge lounge.. so if the Silver Lounge equals Diamond Lounge and Gold Lounge equals Concierge Lounge.. technically they should give Diamond Plus access to the Gold area.

I prefer the Gold Dining due to table service after learning that Silver Suite dining is a buffet.

Had I known earlier that I have access to Silver Dining regardless of cabin as a Diamond Plus, would have booked a balcony at half the price.

Edited by roquejo

Diamond Plus does not give you access to the Gold Dining Room.  You have to be in a Gold Suite.   I think Grand Suites and Owners Suites also give you access. There is a Diamond Lounge on deck 4 in the Music Hall.  There is no Concierge Lounge.

if you haven’t made your final payment yet, you can still change to a balcony.  We did that for our current cruise because we are on a B2B2B.  We are in a Grand Suite on our next cruise and a Golden Junior Suite on our third cruise.  Just wanted to experience the differences.

On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 8:05 PM, Good Cruiser said:

Hello,

We just booked Jan 9, 2020. There isn't a roll call yet.

There is a lot of confusion about the "coastal kitchen". This suite used to allow dining for dinner only. Has someone sailed recently, and can finally clarify this. It says "Suite" guests, but doesn't clarify "Suite"

Thank you,

Farah

There is no coastal kitchen.  There is no Diamond Lounge.  If you booked a room with the word "golden" in front of it, you have access to all the rooms and locations on the ship that have the name "golden" in it.  Note that not all golden rooms are suites.  Some are just common balconies for 3 times the price of a regular balcony.  If you booked a Silver JS which is commonly know previously as spa Jr Suites, than you will have access to the silver buffet, which is just a buffet behind the locked doors that only people in JS or the Golden area have access to.  This is the front of the ship, floor 13-16, and includes the private swimming pool. If you are Diamond or above, you are treated like a silver guest. 

We are currently on the Spectrum and the Music Hall on deck 4 is the Diamond Club all day with a specialty coffee machine, snacks and Diamond drinks and appetizers from 5 to 8 pm.  

The Golden dining room is a la carte.  The Silver dining room is buffet but in the evenings they have an appetizer and main course menu.  This menu is the same nightly and changed for the first time in 6 months last night.  They said they might use the old menu for the first half of future cruises and then switch over to the new menu.  Personally, I like the old menu.

If not staying in a Silver suite, you must be Diamond Plus to access the Silver Lounge and Dining Room.  I’ll recheck tonight and if they’ve opened it up to Diamond, I’ll correct this post.

So do you mean that Silver Dining is a ala carte in the evening when you said that they have an appetizer and main course menu? Good enough for me if dinner in Silver Dining is ala carte ad I don't like buffets.

In Quantum/Ovation, the music hall Diamond Club is a temporary setup when there are  alot of Diamonds and westerners in longer cruises from China, but on shorter 5 night or less cruises where it is mostly locals so less Diamonds, we are all in the Concierge Lounge at the back, including Diamonds.

So for the cruise tomorrow where it is just 5 nights, possible that it will be mostly locals and less Diamonds as it is a short cruise, so we will see if they still will use the Music Hall, there is a possibility that the happy hour will be at the Silver Lounge if there are only a few Diamonds... this is the original setup, but Silver Lounge lacked a bar that might be a reason they held it at the Music Hall 2nd floor as there is a bar there for the happy hour.. but it is quite noisy in the Music Hall for a lounge, especially when there is an activity going on the first floor.

Edited by roquejo

Yes, in the Silver dining room, you can get things from their little buffet if you like or you can order some items a la carte or you can do both. 

The Windjammer hasn’t been really, really bad on this 7 day cruise.  People said that’s because the Chinese are  from HK for the most part and not mainland China. We were told there are over 700 Australians onboard, followed by Russians.  Not sure how many Americans or Canadians.

The dining room head came by our table this morning in the Windjammer and asked why we haven’t eaten at our assigned My Time Dining table.  😱 How did she find us among 5,000 guests??  She was pleasant and said they just wanted to know if they could help us in any way.  We’ve eaten in the Windjammer a couple of times cuz we like Chinese food!

its hot and humid in the Philippines.  I would expect similar weather in Vietnam.