Check payments made on HAL website

dadroy

Long time member but only post when I have something to say of benefit.

We have a cruise scheduled for the end of the year and was reading the HAL board and saw a posting about an AMEX offer.  I have an AMEX card but never knew they had offers that I could take advantage of.  So following the lead of that posting I checked my AMEX account and sure enough there it was.  Make a $500 payment using the AMEX and get a $150 credit.  Wow, easy money.  So I went to the HAL site, had no problem accessing the payment page as others said they have had, and made my $500 payment. Great, or so I thought.

When looking at my AMEX bill i noticed a charge from HAL for $497, not the $500 I had entered.  NOBODY types without errors, but no way did I accidentally enter $497.  So I call AMEX and they send me the charge HAL sent for $497, so no problem with AMEX.  Call HAL, get transferred several times and end up talking to someone in accounting.  They cannot explain why the charge was wrong, she said I must have made a mistake when making the payment.  Hard to believe, but okay.

Go to the payment page again because I need to get to the $500 level and make another payment, this time $200.  Immediately go online and check the AMEX activity and the charge is $196.  Call HAL again, get sent to accounting and I explain my real concern is when I make my final payment.  If I look at their web payment page and it says I owe $4,256.34 as final payment, and I make it, I would not necessarily be checking to make sure they charge the right amount.  So I could end up owing $3.00, not know it and possibly have the reservation cancelled over a small balance due because the site did not process the payment correctly.

So, long story short, double check that the payments you think you make are actually charge correctly, especially when you make your final payment.

Wow what are the odds !!!!

I just made a a partial payment with my American Express and it shows the amount as to what I charged. Sorry to hear what happened to you. I hope you get it taken care of AND YOU GET OBC $150.00

Denise😊