Seaside YC 16001 - noise from topsail service area?

eastoftheboston

I'm thinking of booking YC Room 16001 on the seaside. I understand the hallway will be quiet since the room is at the very end, with no entrance into Topsail, but I'm curious if anyone has stayed in that room and can tell if there's any noise from the area on the other side of the wall, that looks to be a service/storage area for the lounge. Any insight would be appreicated!

We previously sailed on the Divina in the Yacht Club and hope to have another great cruise on the Seaside!

WE spent two weeks in 16001 in June.  It is a great room with 0 noise on the forward wall but there is occasional noise in the hall with the door to the service area across the hall.  But it was never a problem or was there any noise from above which is another room 18001.  I would book that room tomorrow as the butler. Lezle, was the best butler we have had on any of our 8   YC cruises.  We thought it was quiet for a cruise ship.

13 hours ago, lucy1969 said:

That’s great to hear, we are booked in this cabin for 2/29/20. Did think about it briefly before booking though but thought the trade off with passing footfall was worth it. 

You will enjoy it but you will miss Lezle as he will be on vacation.  All the butlers are great on the Seaside.

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a week in this cabin earlier this year.   I do not believe that it shares a wall with a service area, however it does share a wall with the remote corner of the lounge.   We had only one episode when a small child was allowed to beat on the wall.  However the parents put a stop to it in short order.   Otherwise there was no noise.  The service area is actually across the hall from the room, but is seldom used by the YC staff coming to the hall, but the room itself is used as a pantry