Amtrak / NJ Transit Train

artvlay

We live in South Jersey and are thinking of taking the train from Hamilton to one of the Newark train stops. What is the best station (Newark Airport or Penn Station) to get off the train with regard to handling luggage and then getting a cab or Uber? What is the cab/Uber fare to the cruise terminal in Bayonne?

54 minutes ago, artvlay said:

We live in South Jersey and are thinking of taking the train from Hamilton to one of the Newark train stops. What is the best station (Newark Airport or Penn Station) to get off the train with regard to handling luggage and then getting a cab or Uber? What is the cab/Uber fare to the cruise terminal in Bayonne?

Definitely Newark Penn Station.  There is no vehicle access to the airport station - only the Airtrain - and it’s cheaper to go to Newark Penn, which also has porter service and cabs and Uber. 

17 hours ago, 138east said:

Definitely Newark Penn Station.  There is no vehicle access to the airport station - only the Airtrain - and it’s cheaper to go to Newark Penn, which also has porter service and cabs and Uber. 

Thank you

On 7/16/2019 at 3:37 PM, artvlay said:

Is there long term parking at Hamilton? I've avoided doing NJT for NY area cruises because I didn't realize there was. If so, that's something I'll have to keep in mind!

2 hours ago, lab_love123 said:

Is there long term parking at Hamilton? I've avoided doing NJT for NY area cruises because I didn't realize there was. If so, that's something I'll have to keep in mind!

There's a large parking garage as well as a large outdoor parking lot.

Last I checked you can park for up to 21 days at $12 per day.