CocoCay cabana moved from South Beach to Chill Island?

Just got a letter from Royal informing me that the cabana/bungalow I booked last month is being moved along with all the others and daybeds to Chill Island from South Beach. Has anyone been recently? Just wondering if this will make it very crowded and wondering how many rows of cabanas will be in one area. Any info would be appreciated.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Our private destination, Perfect Day at CocoCay, is unlike any in the world and has something for everyone. Lounge in our Oasis Lagoon, the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool, or take the plunge down North America’s tallest waterslide, Daredevil’s Peak! When hunger strikes, indulge in all-you-can-eat tacos and guac at Skipper’s Grill and Chill Grill. Or, swing by Snack Shack, whose array of fresh bites are perfect for those grab & go moments. Need a refreshing beach cocktail? Captain Jack’s is the perfect place to chill with live music and great views. Soar to new heights on Up, Up & Away or just unwind at your leisure. Either way, Perfect Day at CocoCay has you covered! You are going to love it here!

The island is pretty darn epic! Not only are we screaming it from the rooftops, but so are they. Oh, and them too. And, we are still at it! We continue to update areas to make sure they are larger-than-life. During your visit, South Beach will be closed to make way for Coco Beach Club and a reimagined South Beach. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. While we work on these areas, we’ve relocated our fan-favorite features for your enjoyment. Our floating bar will be at the beach just past Oasis Lagoon and our Bungalows and Daybeds have temporarily moved to Chill Island.

To learn more, visit  www.RoyalCaribbean.com/PerfectDayCocoCay, which you can access free of charge while onboard!

We can’t wait to have you onboard. See you soon!

Sincerely,

Royal Caribbean International

We were there on Saturday. Took the tram around he island just to see everything. There were still beach beds on a part of the South Beach area, along with lounge chairs. Lots of people were there, walking out to the Floating Bar. Water appeared to be very shallow for a long way out. I do not know if this is more crowded than previous weeks. 

1 hour ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

@Tricia28when is your cruise? Maybe they haven't moved things yet.

We leave August 11th. I called Crown and Anchor but they had no information about cabana changes. They couldn't even tell me when the formal nights are on my cruise so I'm not surprised. I find them less and less helpful of late. These boards are way more helpful!

9 minutes ago, Tricia28 said:

We leave August 11th. I called Crown and Anchor but they had no information about cabana changes. They couldn't even tell me when the formal nights are on my cruise so I'm not surprised. I find them less and less helpful of late. These boards are way more helpful!

In their defense, things are literally changing from one day to the next. No one knows what is going on, the picture the excursion desk showed us at the beginning of the cruise had 14 cabanas at the end. When we got there, I counted 20. They built a half dozen new ones in less than a week. The bungalows could be over at south beach today and rebuilt over at chill island tomorrow. 🙂

1 minute ago, Dat Cruisin Couple said:

In their defense, things are literally changing from one day to the next. No one knows what is going on, the picture the excursion desk showed us at the beginning of the cruise had 14 cabanas at the end. When we got there, I counted 20. They built a half dozen new ones in less than a week. The bungalows could be over at south beach today and rebuilt over at chill island tomorrow. 🙂

I am loyal to royal but truly even basic questions are difficult for Crown and Anchor to answer at all. It's much worse since they outsourced call center jobs to Jamaica and Guatemala.