Admin Fee?

LoveBora

On 7/17/2019 at 12:07 PM, LoveBora said:

Does Seabourn charge an admin fee if a cruise is cancelled outside of the penalty phase? Thanks. 

No, but don't give them any ideas. Most lines do charge a $100 or $200 fee.

I sometimes book a SB cruise and THEN work on the details of the trip including air connections and dog sitter availability. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out and we have to cancel  the booking but usually it does work out.  I would be very reluctant to book any cruise is there was a fee to cancel prior to final payment.  I’m thinking SB knows this small money grab would not be worth angering their loyal following. Kudos to SB. 

Edited by raphael360
Sic

1 minute ago, raphael360 said:

I sometimes book a SB cruise and THEN work on the details of the trip including air connections and dog sitter availability. Sometimes it just doesn’t work out and we have to cancel  the booking but usually it does work out.  I would be very reluctant to book any cruise if there was a fee to cancel prior to final payment.  I’m thinking SB knows this small money grab would not be worth angering their loyal following. Kudos to SB. 

Andi it depends on where your TA is located - although not an admin fee.  Booking with agents outside the US means different rules.  We have used a UK based agent several times and although there is no penalty applied, unlike w/ a US-based agent, you do not get your deposit refunded, rather it is applied to a future booking.  

13 hours ago, 2SailingNomads said:

Andi it depends on where your TA is located - although not an admin fee.  Booking with agents outside the US means different rules.  We have used a UK based agent several times and although there is no penalty applied, unlike w/ a US-based agent, you do not get your deposit refunded, rather it is applied to a future booking.  

No refund only cruise credit- is that true with all UK based travel agencies?

In the Uk it is standard policy for all lines that if you cancel  you loose your deposit although they can ( note can ) allow you to use that deposit for another cruise at their discretion.

This applies to bookings  via a TA or booked direct with the cruise line. 

When we use the UK agency (very good service and a decent % off the fare but you also play the currency game, so far have won on that one! but it is a risk you have to be willing to take) we are 100% committed.  We also use a US-based agent, and have for many years now, and while the discount is typically a little less - we are talking 1 - 1.5% typically - changes for cruises that might need to be reworked due to life issues (think elderly parents, etc. or if far out and  better itineraries appear given Seabourn policy of not going too far out on schedules).  Sometimes the US agency offers a lesser discount but instead offers a perk like private tours or OBC.   We weigh all the factors.  Both of the agents have gone the extra mile for us when needed, which is why you want a good agent.  And if we used the UK agency and had to cancel outside the penalty phase we would simply apply the "deposit" to another cruise.  Not a problem for us.