Epic “large balcony” cabin question - 11018/11019/12016/12017/

OrcaGirl

Hey everyone,

Hoping that someone with personal experience with one of these angled “large balcony”  cabins on the Epic (11018/11019/12016/12017) can confirm if the balcony is glass or hull style. I reviewed the amazing thread of Epic hull cabins and they’re not listed, but they’re also listed on the Epic deck plans as being “PrivaSea” which makes me wary...

I’ve searched all the obvious places but can’t find a photo of these specific cabins.

Would love any input!

3 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

We had 12012 and it was a privasea balcony, it was okay, there not my first choice but I would turn them down, there are lots of angled balconies on epic, none available?  We also had 11169 a angled on epic once that was awesome!

Yeah, the various websites and descriptions make it clear that the balcony cabins from 12000-12015 are definitely PrivaSea cabins with the solid enclosed hull, but then 12016 and 12017 (like 11018 and 11019) are the last of the B6 "large balcony" cabins at the front of the ship before the transition to 'regular' balconies. NCL still codes them as PrivaSea when it appears they *might* actually have the glass balcony instead of being fully enclosed, hence why I'd love to receive confirmation and feedback from someone who's sailed in one...

I’m going on the Epic in about 6 months. I had originally booked 12065 (B5), thinking that with the slight angle the balcony might be a little larger than normal. Then a few months later, I called to make some changes to my booking and the agent told me that that balcony is actually smaller than normal. So I moved to 13165 (B2), as the agent said it was larger than normal. 

While none of these are cabins you are looking at, you could call NCL and ask them. 

• 2 years later...
On 7/18/2019 at 1:24 AM, OrcaGirl said:

Yeah, the various websites and descriptions make it clear that the balcony cabins from 12000-12015 are definitely PrivaSea cabins with the solid enclosed hull, but then 12016 and 12017 (like 11018 and 11019) are the last of the B6 "large balcony" cabins at the front of the ship before the transition to 'regular' balconies. NCL still codes them as PrivaSea when it appears they *might* actually have the glass balcony instead of being fully enclosed, hence why I'd love to receive confirmation and feedback from someone who's sailed in one...

Hi OrcaGirl…did you ever get an answer on the Epic balconies …been thinking about 12017.  Let me know.  Thanks.

• 1 year later...

FYI...those listed Forward PrivaSea balconies are in fact GLASS. Not hull/enclosed balconies. Specifically only the ones FORWARD and angled...just before transitioning over to standard balconies.

So, that'll include (but maybe not limited to) 10020, 10021, 11018, 11019, 12016, 12017; BF category....

I've included a photo where you can clearly also see where all the angled balconies just aft of the PrivaSea HULL BALCONIES are glass fronted and hand-railed. Personally, I've been on a few Hull/Cove balconies in my time, and I like them...as it always offers shade regardless of timing. So imho, since this is actually a Large balcony priced at regular balcony rate...a total no brainer. 

Epic_Foward_angled_PrivaSea_balconies.jpg

2 hours ago, omahabob said:

Just out of curiosity, are these the cabins we're talking about here?

image.png.0d397fa8856d96cf6ff5c3ea4b3efe59.png

Yes.  We stayed on starboard side in 12017…which is just below the bridge.  It was nice because we had a clear view down to the ocean…no lifeboats below.

Edited by laudergayle
  • Like 1

Just FYI, on the Epic, there are a number of "regular" balconies on different decks - not classified and for sale as angled AND large balconies when booking - we stayed in one on Deck 12 Fwd, Starboard side on our TA crossing in April, really nice - not obstructed and non-hull, just your ordinary glass balcony, it is right next to the large balcony.  Ours was B4 that sleep 4 (very tight with the upper pullman, not recommended unless it's for a family with young children only ... wall to wall beds) and the one next door (connecting staterooms ... thus, you "lose" one full closet's worth of storage space) was BA that sleep up to 3, also angled (slightly less) but still a larger balcony than the standard sized ones.   

Could've easily fit 2 recliner-lounger plus 2 regular chair, and a bigger table outside to enjoy the scenery.  Refer to the Trip Report on the Epic, pictures contained within.