Edge Dining

katiegirl1264

Hi

We are on EDGE in August.

Regular Dining: Which room do you prefer? Do you try multiple dining rooms each night?

Specialty Dining: We are going to do specialty 2 nights. We have done LPC and LOVE IT, we can't wait to see the new show. What specialty dining would you recommend 

for our 2nd night?

Thanks!!

We tried all four restaurants. Liked Cosmopolitan best and Cyprus the least. We ate at Fine Cuts and had a very nice dinner. It was extremely noisy however. We were seated close to the hostess stand and between the long line of people checking in and the band at the Martini Bar, conversation was difficult. We also ate at the Rooftop Garden Grill. We had an excellent meal there -- service and food was great. Our reservation was for 6:00 on Key West day. Departure was delayed due to a medical emergency so we were able to see the sun set. Wind was not a factor at all. We would dine there again. Only way we'd go back to Fine Cuts was if we were assured of a table away from the restaurant entrance. 

I did a poll a few months ago that asked about favorite Edge MDRs. Normandie was the favorite, but there is some good discussion in this thread.

As far as the Specialty Restaurants, my favorite was the Fine Cut Steakhouse. We dined there 3 times over 14 nights and each experience was a little different, but all were excellent. We loved the scallop appetizer, the bone in filet mignon and the chocolate sundae the best. I would ask for a table toward the side wall, as opposed to near the Grand Plaza, as it sometimes gets loud on that side.

This thread has pictures and more discussion about the Edge specialty restaurants. Note that I said that we went to the FCSH twice in this December thread (opposed to saying 3 times above) - we went back again for a third dinner in January. 🙂

You are so lucky to be going on the Edge soon! Hope you have a wonderful cruise! 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

Vtcruising, I can’t thank you enough for all the helpful information you are providing to the CC community.  It has been so long since we have been on anything other than a Celebrity S or M class that I had forgotten how much there is to learn and do and plan for with a new ship.

Just want you to know that I really appreciate you!

Joanie

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

Vtcruising, I can’t thank you enough for all the helpful information you are providing to the CC community.  It has been so long since we have been on anything other than a Celebrity S or M class that I had forgotten how much there is to learn and do and plan for with a new ship.

Just want you to know that I really appreciate you!

Joanie

How nice!  Planning the next cruise is so much fun.  Can't wait to hear about yours! 🙂