First back to back booked !!

teacher34

Hello, everyone!  I am so excited because I finally booked my first b2n and it is on the Mardi Gras ! The first leg of the trip is from Copenhagen to South Hampton, then the second leg is from South Hampton to New York! I love the pictures that I have seen of the Mardi Gras and her cabins look amazing ! I will have just retired in June , however my husband is still working so he isn’t able to get the time off. As a result, I will be doing my first solo sailing. I am a bit nervous about that ! I will become platinum on an earlier cruise and that also excites me. Any advise for me ?

Relax and enjoy!  Do lots of sightseeing on the first leg and lots of relaxation on the second.  Load up your kindle!

I would choose late dining in the MDR rather than solo dining anywhere, but that's me.  Do whatever makes you comfortable.  Read a bit about solo travel on the CC's solo threads in specialty cruising section.  Did I say enjoy?

Edited by evandbob

Way to go! I'm SOOOOO jealous! Not just for the b2b but for the new ship and the really cool itineraries... any time you want to adopt a slightly older daughter to bring along on these adventures, I am really neat and don't take up a lot of space in a cabin!

• Like 1

On 7/21/2019 at 6:00 AM, teacher34 said:

Hello, everyone!  I am so excited because I finally booked my first b2n and it is on the Mardi Gras ! The first leg of the trip is from Copenhagen to South Hampton, then the second leg is from South Hampton to New York! I love the pictures that I have seen of the Mardi Gras and her cabins look amazing ! I will have just retired in June , however my husband is still working so he isn’t able to get the time off. As a result, I will be doing my first solo sailing. I am a bit nervous about that ! I will become platinum on an earlier cruise and that also excites me. Any advise for me ?

I’m also sailing solo, but just the first leg from

Copenhagen.  Don’t be nervous, it’s awesome!  There are a group of us sailing; love hanging out at Alchemy.  Although at embarkation, I like sitting at the lobby bar having an Appletini.  😁🍸. Come say hi!  Excited to see this new ship!  You will love B2B.  That last night when you see everyone’s bags in the hall for pickup....and can think, not me!  👍🏻🛳

I’m trying to work my schedule so I could possibly be Diamond on this cruise! 

Lasekeye, I am excited that someone else is doing the back to back ! I keep looking at pictures of the interior Mardi Gras and it looks so different from Carnival’s other ships ! I LOVE the new design in the staterooms. The things they have added make so much sense !!