55 minute layover

CCRUZER

15 minutes ago, dabear said:

are both legs on AA? DFW is a big airport.

OP is connecting at LAX. Originating at DFW. Question is regarding amount of time needed at LAX, which is partly going to be determined by where their next flight is going.

Sorry. LAX as I recall has 8 separate terminal buildings built around a horseshoe road. IF his connection  is on the same airline within the same terminal, he should be ok. Otherwise, it can be difficult + there still may be some construction going on.

11 minutes ago, dabear said:

Sorry. LAX as I recall has 8 separate terminal buildings built around a horseshoe road. IF his connection  is on the same airline within the same terminal, he should be ok. Otherwise, it can be difficult + there still may be some construction going on.

I still think it really depends. 55 minutes may be legal on AA/AA, but it may not always be wise. If OP is connecting on to a 1x daily international flight, I would want more than 55 minutes. If they need to switch to a regional jet, they may need to switch terminals (which wouldn't require security, but does require additional movement) and having more than 55 minute to be safe would be wise. 

So, for me to advise OP on if 55 minutes is wise in reality, I need more info.

4 hours ago, Zach1213 said:

I still think it really depends. 55 minutes may be legal on AA/AA, but it may not always be wise. If OP is connecting on to a 1x daily international flight, I would want more than 55 minutes. If they need to switch to a regional jet, they may need to switch terminals (which wouldn't require security, but does require additional movement) and having more than 55 minute to be safe would be wise. 

So, for me to advise OP on if 55 minutes is wise in reality, I need more info.

Sorry, I should have included that we are flying on to Honolulu.I can fly direct DFW to HNL but by changing plane at LAX I save a couple hundred bucks...might not be worth the risk.