Special Needs Department not terribly efficient?

1 hour ago, ryano said:

Ive never have any luck with them whatsoever when requesting stuff for my CPAP.   I always have to ask my cabin attendant and they claim they didnt know.   Im not expecting the distilled water, extension cord OR the mattress pad Ive requested to be in the cabin when I board the ship.  The ONLY reason I even go through the Special Needs dept at all is to give them my wheelchair information so Im not booted out of my accessible cabin.  Not that Ive ever heard of anyone getting booted out of an accessible cabin.

I’ve been requesting CPAP supplies for 20 years and I’ve never had a problem!!! It is always there! 

3 minutes ago, lmwyatt said:

does anyone know if they provide raised toilet seats? I have RA and AS so I have difficulty with sit to stands. 

I assume so, since the RCI special needs form has a check box for "Raised Toilet Seat".

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the heads up as I use a CPAP machine. 

But the more important issue is we have 23 yo triplets with intellectual disabilities (1 with autism).  The only concern we have is embarkation and getting through security.  Flying we call ahead to TSA. It is noted that they can not be separated from us.  We repeat this to the TSA agents and we are whisked through without any problem.  Is this possible on a cruise?

On 1/31/2020 at 3:48 PM, SteelersNationVa said:

Thanks for the heads up as I use a CPAP machine. 

But the more important issue is we have 23 yo triplets with intellectual disabilities (1 with autism).  The only concern we have is embarkation and getting through security.  Flying we call ahead to TSA. It is noted that they can not be separated from us.  We repeat this to the TSA agents and we are whisked through without any problem.  Is this possible on a cruise?

Look into the program Autism on the Seas. They have a wonderful program that they do on cruise ships. They even supply an aide who travels with you to help out with Autistic clients and their siblings.