Hotel with easy access SFO and SF Cruise Port.

What's your budget?  They all go about $250-300+ a night.   The nearest hotels to the cruise terminal are over a mile away; Fisherman's Wharf to the north and the Financial District/Embarcadero to the south.   Flat walk, taxi, or Lyft/Uber to to the terminal. Plus there's the F Line street cars, but those are made up of vintage street cars from around the country/world, but are not luggage friendly.

Alternative is to stay at one of the airport hotels, cheaper, and most have shuttles to/from the airport.  You can either taxi or Lyft/Uber to the cruise terminal.   If Princess has a shuttle, you can take the hotel shuttle back to the airport.

Since your time in the City is limited I would suggest staying out by the airport and then just UBER to the port in the morning.   We like the Embassy Suites at 150 Anza Blvd.  They have a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport.  They have a great bar/restaurant with views of the SFO flight path. 

You will usually find prices out by the airport cheaper than in town.  Sunday night can be a tweener as it's not considered "business" days unless there's a big convention in town.  We visit SF a few times a year and January is "low season" if there is such a thing.  We usually go for Friday-Sunday or just Saturday-Sunday and stay in downtown. 

In fact we have rooms booked at the Hilton Financial District for $300, that's a Jr Suite, balcony, with city view.  Keep price shopping as that room has come down $100 since I first booked it two months ago.     

7 hours ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

Since your time in the City is limited I would suggest staying out by the airport and then just UBER to the port in the morning.   We like the Embassy Suites at 150 Anza Blvd.  They have a shuttle that will pick you up at the airport.  They have a great bar/restaurant with views of the SFO flight path. 

You will usually find prices out by the airport cheaper than in town. 

Thank you. I've reached the same conclusion. We have been to the city before, so it's not like a bucket list thing. I will check out the Embassy Suites. We've had good experiences with ES in other locations.

On 7/27/2019 at 9:54 AM, Philob said:

Alternative is to stay at one of the airport hotels, cheaper, and most have shuttles to/from the airport.  You can either taxi or Lyft/Uber to the cruise terminal.   If Princess has a shuttle, you can take the hotel shuttle back to the airport.

How much should we expect to pay Lyft/Uber for SFO to cruise terminal?