Question on Quebec Embarkation...

jpom18

This might be a stupid question but I couldn't find anything definitive anywhere. 

I'm embarking on the CB in Quebec in Oct. it's an overnight so we don't leave until the next day.  Once checked in and on board will we be able to get back off the ship to wander the city?

Being an overnight there's obviously no rush to get people on board to leave so I can't see where they wouldn't let people off but on the other hand if you've got people trying to check in and embark at the same time that other people are getting off and back on all day I can see that becoming a bit chaotic. 

I've never been on a cruise where I've had time to try and get back off after getting on at embarkation so have no personal experience in this.

If anyone has any info it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

1 hour ago, jpom18 said:

I'm embarking on the CB in Quebec in Oct. it's an overnight so we don't leave until the next day.  Once checked in and on board will we be able to get back off the ship to wander the city?

On our overnight in Quebec after check-in we were able to get off & on the ship to explore the area.  On the next time we took an independent bus tour to areas outside the city which was much less expensive than the same Princess tour.

We sailed in mid October & in the Quebec area experienced the best fall colors of the entire cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

37 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

You will be able to get off the ship and back on as often as you want until the time they sail the next afternoon.  They keep the gangplank open 24 hours.  

Thanks for sharing good to know.

Tony