First Time Booking with Agent

retafcruiser

After reading all the advise here, I decided to use an agency to book my Oceania cruise. I am just starting the process. My question is: does the agent collect all my information (passport, emergency contact, credit card, ETC.) that I used to enter on Oceania's site when booking? Or does Oceania allow me to take the agent's booking number and enter the information as before? Gope I have made my question clear.  Thank you.

There are two options:

1) You enter the information on the Oceania Site and then your Agent of choice takes over that booking

2) The Agent makes all of the arrangements.

I would recommend option 2 as the Agent might offer some very sound advice.  

if you have sailed with O before you info may be still under your account on oceania

The agent may take some details still but you can also update  passport  etc..on the Oceania site  AFAIK

20 hours ago, retafcruiser said:

After reading all the advise here, I decided to use an agency to book my Oceania cruise. I am just starting the process. My question is: does the agent collect all my information (passport, emergency contact, credit card, ETC.) that I used to enter on Oceania's site when booking? Or does Oceania allow me to take the agent's booking number and enter the information as before? Gope I have made my question clear.  Thank you.

Both.... the agent will take it   and also you can also enter it yourself on website... 

No ,the Agent will have a  in house booking number  for his reference as he may offer through that, special offers  etc.  that are agency specific.  

He will also get for you a Oceania booking number  for use by you to manage your cruise things like shore ex, dining,  etc       Call it a double safety that everyone is on the same page.

You probably know this, but all communications with the cruise line, after booking, like payment, cabin selection, OBC  must be done through your Agent.      If you call O  they will politely refer you  back to your agent.       This is why you need to pick carefully and ask specific questions as to what the AGENT  will do for you.   like OBC's Rebates, Gratuities, , group  sailing discounts  etc.