Pre-purchase photo package?

BadgerPam

I am trying to decide whether to pre-purchase the all inclusive photo package in advance of our 7 day Alaska cruise.  The price ($249) seems a little steep, but I appreciate getting the digital files.  Am I correct that the 10 photo package will be the same price on board as pre-purchase?  The Personalizer doesn’t indicate any discount for advanced purchase.  Also, is it possible to obtain the digital files if you purchase photos individually on the cruise?

Thanks in advance,

Pam

The all inclusive just increased in price.  In May on CB I paid $199 pre-cruise.  It was $249 on-board.  A $50 increase.

I still think it's a decent deal, you get a lot of photos (we probably had 25+ photos on each week of a B2B).  Buying just a few puts in up towards $100.  So a much better deal.

We had embarkation photos, port photos and lots of photos on formal nights.  They also seemed to know where we were to get a lot of candid photos throughout the ship.  Thank you Ocean Medallion?  And you get the USB digitals.

Beware it only covers those in your cabin, so it you have friends or family in other cabins those photos are not included.

1 hour ago, SDWalt said:

Beware it only covers those in your cabin, so it you have friends or family in other cabins those photos are not included.

Some of the price increase has to do with the problems created when they changed the policy mid-stream.  Originally with the package, you got all pics as long as someone from a ‘paid package’ cabin was in the picture.  Last year, they changed the policy, at least on some ships, that in order to get the pic, everyone in the picture had to be from a ‘paid package’ cabin.

Now, with the increase, the policy is back to just someone from the ‘paid package ‘ cabin has to be in the picture to be included.

See Attached Excerpt.

Safe Journeys, Paul

1CED66FB-6353-4E58-BF94-F23D76E1C51F.jpeg

2 hours ago, BadgerPam said:

Thank you, everyone!  Does anyone know what the cost of one picture would be and whether that purchase includes the digital image?

I believe 5x7 are $15 and 8x10 are $25, and that doesn't include digital images.  At least that has been my experience.  

5x7 are usually the gangway-type photos and welcome aboard, and the 8x10 are usually the formal night and casual background poses.

Edited by Paula_MacFan

We had the package a couple cruises ago. It was the $99 special. We loved it and it came with the digital usb files. Next cruise I forgot to take my USB to add digital files to. They sold me one for an extra $10 and allowed me all my purchased pics and put the ones my friend purchased on mine too. They are usually very good to work with. We have them put our pics in an envelope in the back and on the second to last day go choose  the ones we want. They usually shoot us a deal! 

We just got off the Grand and did not buy the package. I paid $25 for an 8*10 and $15 for each of the two 6*8s. I brought a ship thumb drive from a previous cruise,  and they willingly gave me the digital images. In other words, when you buy a print, there is no extra charge for the digital image. If you don’t have a ship thumb drive, they will be happy to sell you one. I do not know for sure, but I think to get the digital file, you have to have a Princess ship thumb drive, although, the thumb drive can be from a previous cruise.  

Edited by RSF Cruiser
Typis