Carnival Magic no review just questions

dfencecoach

9 hours ago, Phoenix33 said:

I am staying at this hotel before my next cruise. Was the shuttle to the cruise port included or extra? Also, we need a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I read that was included. Did you experience this? Thanks.

The hotel has a free shuttle from the airport.  When you pick up you luggage just give the hotel a call and they’ll let you know when the shuttle will pick you up.  You have to pay extra for the shuttle to the port. It cost us 6 per person since we had 10 people.  The same shuttle company also provided us transportation from the port to the airport after the cruise. We paid for this at the same time we paid to go to the port.  This trip cost us 10. So for a total of 16 per person we covered both shuttles.  

9 hours ago, MzOhioLady said:

Hello and Good Afternoon

My Husband and I are doing this exact ship and itinerary in September. Was the Pig & Anchor open on Embarkation Day? If so, how long were the lines? I know it's only open on Sea Days so how long were the lines on those days? Did the Ship make it to Half Moon Cay?

Thank you in advance!!

Pig and Anchor was open on embarkment day.  I have no ideal how long the line was because we did the Italian restaurant and we had it to ourselves.  Very few people use it during embarkment.  The line wasn’t too bad on sea days.  No problem at Half Moon Cay the open was like lake water all week. 

7 hours ago, wonderset said:

Thank you for your response about jetblue.  I received a notice about  the airport being under construction in FLL  They said they may have delays or even a cancellation.. Makes me very nervous although we are flyiing out the day before very early.  did you notice any delays at the FLL airport that were due to construction?

We did have a delay in Raleigh NC but no delays in FLL.

7 hours ago, BNBR said:

Just note the Italian restaurant is directly underneath the basketball court.  It was JARRING to get through lunch with an intense basketball game going on.  Almost unbearable.  Just beware....

We did experience a basketball game when we were eating but we realized they were doing what they wanted to do and we didn’t let it interrupt our vacation.

1 minute ago, dfencecoach said:

We did experience a basketball game when we were eating but we realized they were doing what they wanted to do and we didn’t let it interrupt our vacation.

Carnivals incompetent designers interrupted my vacation, not vacationers enjoying a basketball game. 

But to be fair, the absurdity of the situation made a memorable moment for us. Upcharge restaurant under a thin ceiling with a basketball court on top? What could go wrong!!? 

I was on this same cruise. Disembarking was held up for a while because the walkway from the terminal was having electrical issues and wouldn't move to connect to the ship. Once they finally decided to open up level 0 like they do in ports getting off the ship was pretty quick and easy. This was by far our quickest port for embarking and disembarking that we've been too. Customs was a breeze. 

thanks for being open to questions. wow! 10:30 is early... What time did you get there? On so early due to status? We are only gold but have faster to the fun. What time would you recommend arrival to get on easily? 

7 hours ago, Shazzygo said:

thanks for being open to questions. wow! 10:30 is early... What time did you get there? On so early due to status? We are only gold but have faster to the fun. What time would you recommend arrival to get on easily? 

We left the hotel at 10.  After about ten minutes we were in the check in line.  We sat in the waiting room for a few moments while a wedding party got on and were called shortly after.  If  you want to get on early I would suggest arriving around 10:15.  Our room and keys were ready as we made this our first stop.