Progreso shore excursions?

cebee123

Our cruise on the Getaway in December stops at Cozumel and Progreso. So far the app and NCL website only show excursions for Cozumel. Has anyone done a excursion through NCL at Progreso? (We have shore excursion credits so I plan to do NCL excursions).  Any suggestions? 

I found excursions listed under Yucatán (for progresso). We have been there may times. The best deal is the free shuttle that takes you on a tour then drops you at the market to shop, then you catch the shuttle back.  All for the price of a tip.

I have to agree with cruisinmeme!  Progresso is one of my favorite ports.  The pier is super long so you to a shuttle bus to the end.  There is a craft area there.  Then we walked to the double decker bus and took a right around town, it was so neat!  $3 pp.  Then we walked around town and did some shopping and stopped at the bars.  There is a beach with chairs and tables which are free to use if you purchase something.  Corona's were $1 a bottle with a free shot of tequila.  We always have a great time there.  The people are so friendly and nice.  One of the best beach bags I have ever had, I bought there for $8.  Wish more ships went there.