purchasing online gift cards with your Barclay Card?

1cruisingal

We just used my wife's to buy a $500 gift card from AARP about a week and a half ago. When placing the order, make sure your shipping address matches your credit card's billing address when you buy these gift cards. Otherwise the purchase will be denied.

And just FYI, when buying these Carnival gift cards from AARP or Allstate, you won't get the double points using the Carnival MasterCard because they come from another source. They aren't counted as a Carnival purchase.

• Like 1

Some cards won't give you any rewards not even the base 1% because gift cards are considered cash equivalents and they have it in their fine prints that cash equivalents don't qualify for any rewards.  Some Amex cards are like that.  

7 hours ago, 1cruisingal said:

Does anyone have the Barclay Carnival credit card that they use to purchase discounted gift cards from AARP or ALLSTATE?

Barclay will not allow me to use it when purchasing the discounted cards. Anyone have this issue?

I've done it several times.  Something must have changed since the last time (more than 6 months ago).

On 8/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, 1cruisingal said:

Does anyone have the Barclay Carnival credit card that they use to purchase discounted gift cards from AARP or ALLSTATE?

Barclay will not allow me to use it when purchasing the discounted cards. Anyone have this issue?

No, no problem at all buying discounted carnival gift cards from AARP.   Used my barclay card, got only single points though - not double.  This was just recently, a couple weeks back.