Can you bring a bottle of wine off the carnival cruise into Grand Cayman?

Lesliekelle13

Going on a cruise on Carnival Vista in January 2020. Stopping at Grand Cayman and taking public transit to public beach at 7 mile beach. Am I able to take a bottle of wine that I brought with me on board ( each person allowed 1 bottle) off the ship to consume on the beach?

Hi

There is a liquor store that you can go to on the way to the bus, it's was about 2 blocks in from the main road . They sell wine that you would be able to bring to the beach. Of course you would probably be asked not to consume your wine in the beach property area of a hotel or restaurant. 

have a great cruise

I think you'll have more trouble consuming the wine on the beach than getting it off the ship.  Before you do that, first and foremost I would check the local laws because that is a truly terrible time to find out that you can't drink on a public beach (and if you're going to a private one, they probably sell liquor, and wouldn't want you to bring your own).  I'd really just be care about that, or if you want to be like my mom friends, pour the wine into either a hydroflask/yeti or kids cups work really well at keeping it cold (just make sure you don't let a kid actually drink it.  that would be terrible).