Fishing in Bermuda questions & any suggestions?

friday109

We will be in Bermuda in October & a few of us want to do some fishing.  We are not looking to CHARTER the whole boat for a full or half day.

We would just like to book 3 or 4 of us on a fishing trip. 

Any recommendations? 

I remember seeing signs along the dock in Hamilton for fishing excursions. Does anyone have experience just walking up to these boats and going out fishing?  I usually do a lot of research on things, but there is no way to research these.  I seem to be only finding fishing charters - to charter the whole boat.

any thoughts and / or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

Bonnie

59 minutes ago, friday109 said:

We will be in Bermuda in October & a few of us want to do some fishing.  We are not looking to CHARTER the whole boat for a full or half day.

We would just like to book 3 or 4 of us on a fishing trip. 

Any recommendations? 

I remember seeing signs along the dock in Hamilton for fishing excursions. Does anyone have experience just walking up to these boats and going out fishing?  I usually do a lot of research on things, but there is no way to research these.  I seem to be only finding fishing charters - to charter the whole boat.

any thoughts and / or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank You

Bonnie

Sounds like Jolly Roger Reef Fishing would be what you would want. Website below. They also book thru the Island Tour Center. 

https://jollyrogerbermuda.com/index.html

https://www.islandtourcentre.com/

Hi Bonnie, I was there in July. I rented a 17' CC from H20 Watersports. It was $200 for 5 hrs. I brought my own fishing rod/reel, and bought tackle from the marina store there in the Navy Yard. I bought some frozen squid from the boat rental place, and they gave me a knife, board, and bait bucket. It turned out they also had fishing equipment I could have used, but I just didn't know that beforehand. I caught a gray mackerel and a couple of chubs.

Edited by GT Engineer
typo