Is Island Medallion Class yet?

Borman51

No

Princess MedallionClass Ships: Caribbean Princess® | Crown Princess® | Regal Princess® | Royal Princess®
Coming soon to:  Sky Princess® (10/12/19), Ruby Princess® (1/27/20), Grand Princess® (3/29/20), Enchanted Princess® (6/15/20), Emerald Princess®(8/16/20), Coral Princess® (10/16/20), and Island Princess® (12/20/20).

Island Princess is not equipped for the medallion yet.  They do, however, have medallion net onboard.  That means that the wifi is already wired for the medallions (and is supposed to be much faster than the "old" wifi) but the rest of the ship has not been converted to use medallions yet.  We were on the Island June & July and I was not impressed with wifi speed at all.  It might be a tad better than it used to be but it's definitely NOT comparable to land wifi yet.  Of course this is just my opinion.  

Anyone know on the Island Princess-currently are you able to have a hole punched in your cruise card?

I was on the Ruby in January 2019 and they weren’t quite medallion ready but you were not able to have a hole punched in your cruise card at that time. So I’m just curious .

Julie

39 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Anyone know on the Island Princess-currently are you able to have a hole punched in your cruise card?

I was on the Ruby in January 2019 and they weren’t quite medallion ready but you were not able to have a hole punched in your cruise card at that time. So I’m just curious .

Julie

Punching the cruise card is discouraged because there is RFID inside.  Now I really suspect there is a safe zone where it could be punched and not cause damage.  The problem is, you don't know where that is precisely.  Medallion won't affect it as you won't have a cruise card on an OCEAN Medallion ship.

Edited by steelers36