First time on MSC

jhbkcb

I found what I thought was a great deal for Seaside 7 day sailing Aug 31.  So far anything that could go wrong has so I'm feeling pretty nervous about this adventure.  Any help would be appreciated.  We are pretty independent and don't require much from the staff so I'm not too worried about that.  We usually like to find a quiet spot with shade (Celebrity's solarium is one of our favorite places for sea days).  We like any time dining and it is available to us with our cabin (12002).  Is it easy to get a table around 6 or 6:30.  We usually get a drink package and do have the regular one on this cruise.  They don't mention the brands they serve with this package but can you get Beefeaters Gin and a decent Vodka?  As far as ports go...we've been to all of these before.  It's been awhile since we were in San Juan and St Thomas.  I read where they either missed ports or shortened the stay, does anyone have any recent experience with that?  I'm feeling like a first time cruiser and a nervous Nelly.  Thanks for any input you might have.

I was just on Armonia and with exception of losing Cuba, which we originally booked for (and through no fault of MSC) that was the only change to our itinerary. We were in our ports for exact times (sometimes longer) than what was posted. Only snafu we had was there was a medical emergency after we left Costa Maya to go to Cozumel, so we turned around and went back to Costa Maya about 2-hrs after we left. Still made it to Cozumel on time, though. 

We did not purchase a drink pkg as it seemed the brands offered on the easy pkg were not preferred by us and honestly, I wouldn’t drink enough to make it worth the price. But, maybe someone else can chime in on that. 

You'll have no problem getting seating at 6 or 6.30pm.  The MyChoice dining section/MDR usually doesn't start to get busy 'til after 7pm and probably at its busiest from 8pm, which sometimes leads to a wait time.

I highly recommend that you read the following review:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2667495-my-view-14-days-of-chasing-the-sun-on-seaside/

It includes photos of the bar menus, including a page on the drinks included in the 'Easy' package (which is the one that you have included in your booking).  All drinks, up to the value of $6, are covered.