3 adults in FV

Laurab23

22 minutes ago, Laurab23 said:

I have been in FV before with just the 2 of us. How comfortable are the convertable sofas? Will the third person be happy sleeping in one of those? 

Laura

We had one last year on Summit.  He tried both.  One was more comfortable than the other.  He is 16, almost 6 ft.  Certainly more comfortable overall over a bed coming down from the ceiling.

24 minutes ago, keep on cruisin said:

We had one last year on Summit.  He tried both.  One was more comfortable than the other.  He is 16, almost 6 ft.  Certainly more comfortable overall over a bed coming down from the ceiling.

And a lot more room too. Thanks for responding.

I can't answer the comfort question, but, particularly since you are asking about three adults, I just wanted to be sure you know (as I suspect you do) that there's only one bathroom in the cabin, and that the person sleeping in the second room needs to walk through the main bedroom to get to the bathroom.   (And, if coming back after those folks have gone to sleep, has to walk through their room to get to his/her sofa.)  Similarly, anyone going to and from the balcony must go through the second "bedroom."  

2 hours ago, Laurab23 said:

I have been in FV before with just the 2 of us. How comfortable are the convertable sofas? Will the third person be happy sleeping in one of those? 

Laura

My daughter slept on it (22 yrs old) and didn’t seem to have a problem with it.

Our family of four have been in the Millennium class FVs 4 times although that was pre Revolution. 

The long sofa makes for the more  comfortable bed according to my adult children (23 and 27). 

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I can't answer the comfort question, but, particularly since you are asking about three adults, I just wanted to be sure you know (as I suspect you do) that there's only one bathroom in the cabin, and that the person sleeping in the second room needs to walk through the main bedroom to get to the bathroom.   (And, if coming back after those folks have gone to sleep, has to walk through their room to get to his/her sofa.)  Similarly, anyone going to and from the balcony must go through the second "bedroom."  

Correct.  The FV cabins on the M-class ships are more appropriate for a couple with small children than for 3 adults. 

But even then they are far from ideal for more than 2 people because the children sleep in the "living room"  area, so you lose the use of your sitting area once the sofas are made up into beds. 

Those FV layouts were very poorly designed and apparently nothing is being done to improve them during the revolution.

Whoever sleeps in the second "room" needs to walk through the main bedroom area not only to get to the bathroom, but also to get to the cabin door every time they want to leave or enter the cabin, and whenever they want to access the closet or the minibar as well.

Few would relish the thought of needing to go into the bedroom of your parents or in-laws at night whenever you want to use the bathroom or get a cold drink.

The FV cabins on the S-class ships have a much better, more practical living arrangement with a true private master bedroom plus a small, private second bedroom. 

So the S-class living room is a real living room, and a nice large one at that.

The drawback there is that some dislike the far-forward location.

However, in this day and age all the FVs on both M-class and S-class really need another bathroom, or at the least another half bathroom.

The majority of the younger generation from the socioeconomic group that X is hoping to attract did not grow up with only one bathroom for the entire family, the way that so many of us old-timers did  (at least those of us who used to walk 10 miles to school, uphill both ways). 😉

Edited by varoo

11 minutes ago, varoo said:

The majority of the younger generation from the socioeconomic group that X is hoping to attract did not grow up with only one bathroom for the entire family, the way that so many of us old-timers did  (at least those of us who used to walk 10 miles to school, uphill both ways). 😉

Don’t forget the snow.  😄

3 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Don’t forget the snow.  😄

16 minutes ago, varoo said:

Correct.  The FV cabins on the M-class ships are more appropriate for a couple with small children than for 3 adults. 

But even then they are far from ideal for more than 2 people because the children sleep in the "living room"  area, so you lose the use of your sitting area once the sofas are made up into beds. 

Those FV layouts were very poorly designed and apparently nothing is being done to improve them during the revolution.

Whoever sleeps in the second "room" needs to walk through the main bedroom area not only to get to the bathroom, but also to get to the cabin door every time they want to leave or enter the cabin, and whenever they want to access the closet or the minibar as well.

Few would relish the thought of needing to go into the bedroom of your parents or in-laws at night whenever you want to use the bathroom or get a cold drink.

The FV cabins on the S-class ships have a much better, more practical living arrangement with a true private master bedroom plus a small, private second bedroom. 

So the S-class living room is a real living room, and a nice large one at that.

The drawback there is that some dislike the far-forward location.

However, in this day and age all the FVs on both M-class and S-class really need another bathroom, or at the least another half bathroom.

Or bare foot.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

Yes I am aware of that. But considering that we were originally going to do an ocean view for the 3 of us,this is a vast improvement. Two of us are used to traveling together in one room anyway so the extra room will be nice.

• Like 1