Any successful bids for Pride of America upgrade?

alliecat44

Yup. And 36 hours ago there were about fifteen available across those categories! 

Strange to me that they would take them out of the available pool just prior to the weekend, when they tend not to do anything. Or maybe it’s just that I didn’t get an upgrade. We’ll see! (Am not bidding on penthouse—just owner’s suite, which went from five yesterday to sold out today). 

Have a great weekend!!! 🙂 

9 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

Yup. And 36 hours ago there were about fifteen available across those categories! 

Strange to me that they would take them out of the available pool just prior to the weekend, when they tend not to do anything. Or maybe it’s just that I didn’t get an upgrade. We’ll see! (Am not bidding on penthouse—just owner’s suite, which went from five yesterday to sold out today). 

Have you also been checking the card you used for the upgrade? Some threads mention that they see the pending charge on their card before they get the email. I'm sure you are, just throwing it out there. Gosh, I hope you got one. I've been waiting on pins and needles for your updates, and I'm not even going until 9/14. good luck!! 

Just peeked and it looks like there are 5 OS left on the 31st sailing. Wasn't that the one you are on? It even still has 13500 available. (that's the one we pulled our bid and just bought  for 9/14, only because we didn't have the problem of airfare you're facing)

Edited by idkanything
  • Like 1

idkanything, thanks!!! 🙂 

yes, I have been checking the card—no activity. When we won our upgrade to the Haven last year on the Getaway, it definitely had “processing” as a status on the bid and a credit card debit about four to six hours prior to the email confirmation. 

Congrats on being able to get the OS outright!! 13500 is HUGE—but no hot tub on the balcony? 

And yes, this morning they are back to being available. This is crazy. Lol I have been thinking that this Monday or Tuesday is the most likely time for any bids to be won. Thanks for all of the good thoughts!!! I know you will have a fabulous time on the 14th!!!!!

2 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

idkanything, thanks!!! 🙂 

yes, I have been checking the card—no activity. When we won our upgrade to the Haven last year on the Getaway, it definitely had “processing” as a status on the bid and a credit card debit about four to six hours prior to the email confirmation. 

Congrats on being able to get the OS outright!! 13500 is HUGE—but no hot tub on the balcony? 

And yes, this morning they are back to being available. This is crazy. Lol I have been thinking that this Monday or Tuesday is the most likely time for any bids to be won. Thanks for all of the good thoughts!!! I know you will have a fabulous time on the 14th!!!!!

I figured you were already on top of the card-checking 🙂

We got that room specifically for the balcony. A bane o’ the gods on YouTube for having that video. I was very happy in our balcony at the back of the ship.. and then I just had to be bored one night and OMG I fell in love with that balcony. We hate hot tubs, so that’s why I never even looked, I just assumed all the OS’s had them. I “justified” it by using the old trick of “it’s a special reunion occasion” and we’ll just do just one cruise next year. Our family hates hot tubs, so we were totally okay (and happy even!) that they had this type of room. It’s just what we wanted!

thank you for keeping us updated on your findings and progress - you have all of us rooting for you! NCL would be silly not to take your bid since its just about what it would cost outright (if the airfare thing wasn’t a factor!) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

There are about 5 types of OS layouts on the POA.  Some have hot tubs on the balcony, some don't.  They are from as low as deck 8 to 13.  13 were added two drydocks ago.  Some have huge balconies, some small.

The going rate now is actually decent.  From what is available now, it would probably be best order of 10, 13, and 8 last.

Update Monday morning: Sooo, NCL officially took our sailing off of the website yesterday after listing the entire cruise as "sold out." I was REALLY hoping to get an upgrade email this morning....but nothing. No activity on the card and bids still listed as "pending" on the website. 

It's looking less and less likely. I was hoping that since the minimum bid for OS was $1,000 not many people would be up for bidding that much, AND the fact that there were still five available a week out from sailing was working in my favor....but so far I guess not. 😞 Really curious if anyone else has been upgraded to any level of suite, though! 

idkanything and Firepath, I'm sure we will all have a great time regardless!! Thanks for cheering for me--I will continue to keep all updated! 

PS I am starting to get sick, right in time for leaving. 😞 Le sigh. 

No upgrade here, but I mentioned that NCL moved me from Inside to OV and today they assigned me a new cabin #, so I know they are working on things, at least on my Oct. 19 cruise. Good luck Alliecat 44! There's still time, here's hoping the best. Have a wonderful trip.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, alliecat44 said:

Update Monday morning: Sooo, NCL officially took our sailing off of the website yesterday after listing the entire cruise as "sold out." I was REALLY hoping to get an upgrade email this morning....but nothing. No activity on the card and bids still listed as "pending" on the website. 

It's looking less and less likely. I was hoping that since the minimum bid for OS was $1,000 not many people would be up for bidding that much, AND the fact that there were still five available a week out from sailing was working in my favor....but so far I guess not. 😞 Really curious if anyone else has been upgraded to any level of suite, though! 

idkanything and Firepath, I'm sure we will all have a great time regardless!! Thanks for cheering for me--I will continue to keep all updated! 

PS I am starting to get sick, right in time for leaving. 😞 Le sigh. 

It ain’t over till the email arrives! I’m still firmly in your camp. That bid sounds like they should take it for goodness sake, if they  don’t, I don’t understand how much higher we’d need to go. I hope you feel better really quick. When are you flying out? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, idkanything said:

It ain’t over till the email arrives! I’m still firmly in your camp. That bid sounds like they should take it for goodness sake, if they  don’t, I don’t understand how much higher we’d need to go. I hope you feel better really quick. When are you flying out? 

Thank you thank you!!! 

Flying out Thursday morning. Thanks for the good wishes. I am just a bit congested and my chest feels a little tight but no cough or anything. Hoping my immune system gets to work! 🙂 

it really helps knowing you guys are on my “team.” Lol. I am a scientist and soooo curious as to how all of this works—logically I would be surprised if the upgrade doesn’t happen—unless there is something to do with the industry that I am not privy to. 

Anyways, fingers crossed for tomorrow. 🙂 thanks, guys!

• Like 1

Okay, probably final update: 

No upgrade email or card activity this morning. 

I was excited to see someone on my cruise posted on social media that they received an upgrade to a balcony TODAY--it really got my hopes up! Maybe they were just processing things, etc?

So, I couldn't stand it anymore and called NCL to find out IF any owner's suites were still available "and if so, how much would it cost to upgrade outright." 

Well, sad news but she said the cruise is almost completely full with only a handful of inside and balcony cabins left. All of the suites are gone. She doesn't have access to find out whether the suites were upgraded people or booked outright. I am guessing they are upgraded people since there were sooo many still available up until this Saturday. The CSR confirmed that PofA is NCL's most popular cruise and almost always sails full.

So, while I haven't gotten the official confirmation email, looks like I am out of the running. 

For people's knowledge in the future--

I booked a large balcony room. Bid 750 per person for a deluxe penthouse with large balcony and bid $1100 per person for Owner's Suite with large balcony. Unsuccessful. 

Ah, well. Good news is that my immune system seems to have beaten what was almost a cold, so that's good....Thanks everyone and good luck to you all!!! 

1 hour ago, alliecat44 said:

Okay, probably final update: 

No upgrade email or card activity this morning. 

I was excited to see someone on my cruise posted on social media that they received an upgrade to a balcony TODAY--it really got my hopes up! Maybe they were just processing things, etc?

So, I couldn't stand it anymore and called NCL to find out IF any owner's suites were still available "and if so, how much would it cost to upgrade outright." 

Well, sad news but she said the cruise is almost completely full with only a handful of inside and balcony cabins left. All of the suites are gone. She doesn't have access to find out whether the suites were upgraded people or booked outright. I am guessing they are upgraded people since there were sooo many still available up until this Saturday. The CSR confirmed that PofA is NCL's most popular cruise and almost always sails full.

So, while I haven't gotten the official confirmation email, looks like I am out of the running. 

For people's knowledge in the future--

I booked a large balcony room. Bid 750 per person for a deluxe penthouse with large balcony and bid $1100 per person for Owner's Suite with large balcony. Unsuccessful. 

Ah, well. Good news is that my immune system seems to have beaten what was almost a cold, so that's good....Thanks everyone and good luck to you all!!! 

I’m glad you are at least feeling better and you are sure to have a lovely time on your trip! I’m hoping you do a mini(or any size) trip report when you get back, its so fun to read others experiences! Be safe and thanks for the updates. My family is sick of me talking about our cruise, so its been fun following along with you! (And of course, if anything changes, let us know!) ❤️