Secluded Beach... and Snorkeling?

TheMettins

Tortola Secluded Beach... and Snorkeling?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. We are looking to take a taxi to a beautiful uncrowded beach (loungers & umbrellas not needed). We travel w/ snorkeling gear, so good snorkeling is a plus- but not required. Which location do you recommend? Any information on taxi prices would be greatly appreciated

• Brewers Bay
    • Long Bay
    • Smuggler's Cove

12 hours ago, ladyhawke1001 said:

Thank all of you for this wonderful information.  I really want to go to SC but I was wondering what sort of a walk we would have to actually get to the beach from where the parking lot/taxi would drop us off.  And then, info about the walk to the beach of Brewers or Long Bay would also be appreciated.  

Also, didn't I read somewhere that there are lounge chairs for rent at SC at Nigel's?

TIA

The taxi drops you within several yards of the beach at all of the popular beaches.

There may be old lounges at Smuggler’s that are free (first come), however there are no real facilities at either Smuggler’s Cove or Long Bay (West End). Just Patricia and Nigel with a grill and drinks...

Gorgeous Brewers Bay has one beach bar (Nicole’s) serving food/drinks and a restroom and lounges. Cane Garden Bay (also beautiful) has several restaurants and lounge/umbrella rentals and nicer public restrooms. 

12 hours ago, ladyhawke1001 said:

Thank all of you for this wonderful information.  I really want to go to SC but I was wondering what sort of a walk we would have to actually get to the beach from where the parking lot/taxi would drop us off.  And then, info about the walk to the beach of Brewers or Long Bay would also be appreciated.  

Also, didn't I read somewhere that there are lounge chairs for rent at SC at Nigel's?

TIA

The walks at Brewers and LB are also very short.  

1 hour ago, blue_water said:

Great choice! Close to the Top of the Baths for lunch, drinks, restrooms and that view, but without the crowd at the Baths. If you have a driver work with you Savannah Bay is also gorgeous and worth a stop.

Great!  Thanks a bunch.