Great Stirrup Cay

daggct

Looking at the excursion choices for our stop at Great Stirrup Cay I see a listing for "Oceanview Villa at Silver Cove". We have never sailed NCL before, so have never been to GSC. Does anyone have any info on these villas? We are a very fair skinned, late sleeping family, so I'd like to know that we will have shade once we get off the ship. There are no reviews on the NCL website. Thanks.

2 hours ago, daggct said:

Looking at the excursion choices for our stop at Great Stirrup Cay I see a listing for "Oceanview Villa at Silver Cove". We have never sailed NCL before, so have never been to GSC. Does anyone have any info on these villas? We are a very fair skinned, late sleeping family, so I'd like to know that we will have shade once we get off the ship. There are no reviews on the NCL website. Thanks.

We always just book a clam shell. Never considered dropping $$$$ for shade of a villa. 

I've been to Great Stirrup Cay on a prior NCL cruise and since we caught one of the first tenders, we had no trouble finding lounge chairs in the shade.  There are lots of palm trees on the island, but of course depending on when you arrive, your chances of getting a place in the shade are dependent upon timing.  My family has booked a Large Cabana for our next visit to ensure a good location for the grandsons.  I'm not familiar with the Oceanview Villa - new since my last visit.

The villas are amazing! They are on a beach only for villa people, are air conditioned, have a great shaded patio with ceiling fan and padded loungers, full bathroom, and tv with movies. There are constantly servers taking drink orders and you have a dedicated dining area with upgraded buffet. We got one for a great price on the Sun and loved it so much that we paid double to reserve one for our Breakaway cruise.

We are getting ready to cruise in 2 days and have a villa booked.... Only thing I would say is, if you sleep late, idk if I would want to pay that much for a villa if you're not going to use it until lunchtime or so..... I plan to be on first tender over and get an many hours as I can outta that thing cause it's not cheap!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Loved the Villas during Spring Break. Think we were one of the first to stay there. We were upgraded from a cabana so I’m not sure of the $ difference. But it was very nice. Here are some pictures from our time there. 

2E97038C-CF30-4E17-AD70-B5B6FC0B717A.jpeg

1A697297-2C51-4CB7-AF21-82D865BE76B6.jpeg

7765A03E-385C-405D-892E-0436074DF9BE.jpeg

E37CA9C4-7970-471E-9B93-807D62761A15.jpeg

08201CB6-F625-410F-8CFE-4317AEF167FA.jpeg

1C456CBB-9DD8-4520-85E5-8D727988DB6B.jpeg

17 hours ago, FLcruisergrl said:

The villas are amazing! They are on a beach only for villa people, are air conditioned, have a great shaded patio with ceiling fan and padded loungers, full bathroom, and tv with movies. There are constantly servers taking drink orders and you have a dedicated dining area with upgraded buffet. We got one for a great price on the Sun and loved it so much that we paid double to reserve one for our Breakaway cruise.

What are villa people??  Sounds scary.....

• Haha 1