Help! Taxi or Excursion in Roatan?

netminder1980

Taxis will be expensive. You could check with Rony's Tours or Victor Bodden for their custom tours. Or look at renting a car.

Where are you docking?  If in Coxen Hole,  I would suggest heading up to Daniel Johnson's first as it's closer to French Harbor and a bit far.  Manawaki is a better site for sloths and monkey's if in Coxen Hole. Look that up as an alternative. You can then go to  West Bay Beaches and then can cross over the ridge to Gio's in Flowers Bay (if they are open).   Gio's in Flowers Bay would then be close to returning to the ship.

If you are docking in Mahogany Bay, Do Daniel's then go to Gios in French Harbor.   Then check the time and see if you have enough time to drive down to West Bay snorkel and drive back.  Parrot Tree Plantation might be a better site for you to snorkel.  Rony's Tours can accommodate all of this.

• 1 year later...

Roatan is my favorite spot and one of the reasons is the private drive/tour person we  have used many many times over the last 6 years.  

Hector Najera Roatanbest@hotmail.com
He is wonderful and will help you do exactly what you want nothing else.  His wife works for the tourism board and they understand that your tourism dollar is important to the island and want you to have a great experience. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2019 at 6:20 AM, crewsweeper said:

Taxis will be expensive. You could check with Rony's Tours or Victor Bodden for their custom tours. Or look at renting a car.

Where are you docking?  If in Coxen Hole,  I would suggest heading up to Daniel Johnson's first as it's closer to French Harbor and a bit far.  Manawaki is a better site for sloths and monkey's if in Coxen Hole. Look that up as an alternative. You can then go to  West Bay Beaches and then can cross over the ridge to Gio's in Flowers Bay (if they are open).   Gio's in Flowers Bay would then be close to returning to the ship.

If you are docking in Mahogany Bay, Do Daniel's then go to Gios in French Harbor.   Then check the time and see if you have enough time to drive down to West Bay snorkel and drive back.  Parrot Tree Plantation might be a better site for you to snorkel.  Rony's Tours can accommodate all of this.

Is there snorking at Parrot Tree that I don't know about?  

22 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

You know, I wrote this over a year ago. At that time, I thought the resort was opening.  But looks like it is/was delayed.  Close to LFK. Last on the island in early 19.

Depending on you for updates 😉

Holy Hannah, I didn't notice the date.. so sorry. 

From what I remember of Parrot Tree, they have a man made lagoon with zero snorkling. One may be able to hire a boat to get to open water snorkling. Or it is possible things have changed since I was there.  

If in that area, I undertsand Daniel's started taking out snorkel boat, I would do that over Parrot Tree. For that matter they may well be able to sort the entire itinerary of the OP. 

With all that said, I truly believe the best snorkling is within the Roatan Marine Park which runs one end of Sandy Bay to the other end of West Bay. 

Course these days, it is very difficult to tell which businesses with survive. Research is all grand but making proper plans might be better off done at a later date. 

• 1 month later...